These casual pieces are dressier than T-shirts, flannel shirts, sweatshirts, slouchy hobos, rugged boots and track pants, but just as relaxed. They’re also a little different from most of the items at mainstream retail at the moment, which is quite refreshing.
- Bobeau Print Front Raglan Sweatshirt: A silk front sweatshirt with a digital tree print. Great on a larger bust, shorter neck and short waist. Combine with jeans and booties, and Bob's your uncle.
- Zara Combined Leather Blucher: A sassy pair of two-toned flat oxfords that are quite comfortable. Boyish Fabness.
- Elizabeth And James Women's E-Cosmo Ankle Boot: Sci-fi low-heeled wedge booties in soft leather. Comfy, fashionable and suited to low volume ankles.
- Fossil Sydney Satchel: Small satchels in forest green are hard to find, but this one fits the bill. Doubles up as a crossbody bag. Well made.
- Loeffler Randall Snakeskin Envelope Flap Lock Clutch: The prettiest forest green clutch I've seen all season. Looks as good with jeans and trousers, as it does with a cocktail dress. Holds more than you think.
- Josef Seibel 'Kylie' Pump (Women): An extremely comfy low-heeled oxford with an Arty vibe. Suited to low and regular volume feet. Nice in black but fresher in brown. Fab pointy toe.
- Zara Soft Bowling Bag: A fashionable forest green bowling bag for those who like to pack lots into their handbag.
- UNITED NUDE Jacky Booties: Colour-blocked cognac is a good thing. Gorgeous heel and quite comfortable. Also available in black.
- James Jeans Ponte Combo Blazer: A Ponte knit tuxedo blazer in ink is unusual, and more comfortable and casual than a woven version. Love the mixed media vibe and one button styling. A true Modern Classic, and great over dresses too.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Arelia A-Line Coat: I'm reminding you about this incredible jacket that made my top picks list for Spring. It's one of those pieces that changes the landscape of your wardrobe. It's heavenly over bootcut jeans and trousers, or straight legs. Just as nice over a sheath dress. It's suited to curvy hourglasses and pear shaped body types, and best on regular height and tall gals.
Remember that casual pieces can be dressed up or down with the right support act, which makes them a lot more versatile than you might expect.