The Sporty Luxe Trend is stronger than ever. So you can wear non-athletic and athletic sneakers with just about anything these days as long as they are paired with a good dose of fashionable intention. Sneakers are an ideal footwear solution for Mums-on-the-Go, city walking, commuting on foot, or sightseeing holidays. Basically, any casual setting where you’re going to be on your feet a long time and need cushioning comfort.
If you’re drawn to what I call “pretty sneakers” that look crisp and soft, as opposed to those that are rugged and hard-edged, you might find that white is the way to go. Choosing a more streamlined silhouette creates further “pretty”. The assortment here varies in comfort and style. Some styles are available in more than one width.
- Josef Seibel Caspian: This is a repeat style that has been a winner on sightseeing holidays for many clients. You might have to break them in a little before they become very comfortable. Read the rave reviews.
- Josef Seibel Caspian 06: Here’s a newer and simpler slip-on version of the Caspian. It might run half a size large.
- Converse Chuck Taylor Shoreline Sneaker: A slip-on with laces is fun and another winner with clients. Don’t buy this style if your heels are prone to getting blisters because the elastic back will bite into the back of your foot. Read the rave reviews.
- Nike Sideline 111: Sporty, streamlined, extra modern and very cushioning. I considered getting these but they run too wide. Great for high insteps.
- Propet Washable Walker Medicare Diabetic Shoe: Believe it or not, these are the ones that I chose and I have already put through their paces. The online photo does not do them justice because they look MUCH better in person (see the photo below). I bought them in a narrow width because I don’t wear them with socks, and they fit my low volume feet extremely well. They are extra cushioning, extremely comfortable, very lightweight, supportive, quite streamlined, and a little retro. These are the sneakers that will go the distance on my forever getting fussier feet when we walk over a hundred blocks a day in Manhattan in the Summer time. No Converse, no Vans, no Ash, no Josef Seibel or fashionable slip-ons from Zara – but these. Because they get me through 12 hours of city walking in hot and sticky weather while the others are a two hour solution at best. Read the rave reviews.
- Converse Chuck Taylor Low Sneaker: The all-time classic needs no introduction. Add a cushioning insole for extra comfort.
- Zara Printed Leather Slipper: Super trendy and great for unfussy feet.
- Ash Virgin Sneaker: Super trendy and fun. These would probably be a two hour walking sneaker for me because although the leather is very soft and the footbed quite cushioning, the higher tops cut into my legs. Some of my clients can walk in this style for hours though.
- Vans Classic Slip-On Core Classic: I have many happy clients with high volume feet in the classic Van slip-on sneaker. It’s excellent for high arches, high insteps and wider feet. Runs half a size large. More rave reviews.
- Easy Spirit Ellicott: The laces are conveniently tucked away with this style. Very comfortable, supportive, and not quite as chunky as you expect.
Wear invisible socks, footies or go barefoot with the look to show some ankle skin. Take it a step further by tucking away the laces for an extra modern and streamlined effect.
It is especially easy to pair white sneakers with white belts, white toppers, tops and bottoms with white in them, and white bags. Repeating the white creates a more intentional, pulled together look, and can go a long way to making you feel polished in an outfit with sneakers.