The roundup is early this week because there are some great swimwear sales happening right now. Nordstrom and Lands’ End are my go-to places when shopping for one-piece swimsuits for clients. We also have luck at Bare Necessities, Zappos and occasionally at J.Crew. Remember that swimwear sizing is much smaller than apparel sizing. Size up one to two sizes. Many of these items are on sale, so go Team Bargain Hunter.
- Magic Suit Yvonne Halter One Piece Swim Suit: As modern as it is retro. Very slimming on the midsection and flattering on the thighs. Great on all body types. Nice bust support. The halter neck has to be tied quite tightly though, so if you think that will bother you give this suit a miss.
- Profile by Gottex Tutti Frutti Skirted One Piece Swim Dress: A gorgeous suit for regular busted ladies. It’s a little skimpy on a large bust and a small bust won’t fill it out either. Extremely flattering on the midsection and thighs. It has a detachable neck tie that offers some security when you swim. But the suit looks best strapless. Also available in plus sizes.
- Miraclesuit Jena One Piece Swimsuit: A different style of full-piece suit. Provides good bust support despite the one shoulder style. Glam and alluring. Gorgeous in cobalt.
- La Blanca Sheer & Present Danger High Neck Maillot: This style is fab for the small busted and rectangular shaped lady. Does not provide tummy support. Fab back detail.
- Seafolly Retro Tie-Front Maillot: This suit was soooo fab on one of my clients, and offers pretty good bust support (it has removable cups). It’s retro deluxe and extra fun in a vertical stripe. It does not hold you in on the tummy area so don’t get this suit if that’s a requirement. It can also be a little fussy with two back ties. But my goodness, it’s a little darling if you like the fit.
- Lands’ End Regular Slender Floral Tunic One Piece Swimsuit: A pretty suit with excellent all-round support. Great for a large bust. Read the rave reviews.
- Lands’ End Regular Floral Beach Halter One Piece Floral Swimsuit: A retro suit with great support on the bust and midsection.
- Miraclesuit Oceanus Free Flow Shaping One-Piece Swimsuit DD Cups: Probably the most supportive suit of all, and brilliant on a larger bust.
- It Figures! Making Tracks Convertible Shaping One-Piece Swimsuit: I haven’t seen this suit on a body, but it has potential. The pattern is unique and the fit looks covered and supportive, yet alluring.
- Badgley Mischka Solids Wide Strap Draped Front Maillot: A very flattering suit on pear shaped and hourglass ladies. The width of the shoulder bands broadens the shoulder line, which evens out proportions on the hip and thighs. Very supportive and glamourous. More rave reviews on Nordstrom. And here’s the version with a narrower strap.
We are at the end of the best swimsuit selections. If you are after a suit, purchase one soon. By the time you’re ready to wear one in June, July and August, the style assortment will be very picked over and most of the sizes sold out.