Basic T-shirts are often a staple in my clients’ wardrobes because they’re terrific layering pieces and easy to launder. But we also venture out and purchase not so basic tees because the silhouette generally looks better when worn on its own. Here’s a roundup of tees with a little or a lot more detail. Look through all the colour options.
- Gap Drapey Fluid Tee: It’s soft but not clingy, and long enough for Team Long Torso. The diagonal sleeves are flattering, and the front looks great partially tucked. The curved hemline adds a little structure. The neckline might be a little wide for narrow shoulders and a slight frame. Also available in an assortment of stripes. Read the rave reviews.
- Unit-Y New Girl Rib V-Neck Tee: A longer V-neck tee with a welt looks fresh. The welt adds a bit of structure. Great for Team Untucked.
- Painted Threads Drape Front Tee (Juniors): It’s not the best quality, but it’s super soft and the oversized fit is unique with its front crossover detail and high-low hemline. Might run a little large.
- Vince Long Sleeve Linen Tee: Stylishly chic and drapes like a dream sans the cling. Luxurious quality.
- J.Crew Prima Jersey Drop Shoulder Tee: A modal-rayon blend with an on trend high-low hemline.
- J.Crew Saint James Slouchy Tee: Another trendy tee with dropped shoulders.
- Loft Shadow Striped Linen Cotton Tunic: A little extra styling on the shoulder and neckline. Fun shadow stripe. Great on broad shoulders and a larger bust. Read the rave reviews.
- Loft Raw Edge Shirred Neck Tee: A prettier style, and more rave reviews.
- Free People Weekend Layering Tee: A girly tee with a bohemian edge. Fun asymmetrical hemline. Cute over relaxed skinnes and a nice change for casual Mums on the go.
- INC Plus Size Three Quarter Sleeve Tie Dye Top: An interesting tie-dye pattern for Team Boho. Love the black and white.
- Elementz Plus Size Three Quarter Sleeve Printed Henley Top: Fluid, non-cling and no need to wear a camisole because the V-shape of the henley provides ample coverage.
- Latitude Open Toe Bootie: I’m also throwing in a Summer bootie because I was amazed at the comfort of this ped despite the higher heel, caged leather style, and peep-toe. Buttery soft and gorgeously modern.
Do you like to wear tees that are a little more than basic?