Here’s a selection of pullovers that aren’t basic. They are neutral, and for the most part fluid or oversized. All are non-scratch. Be sure to look through all the colour options.
- Club Monaco Franny Sweater: Fantastic asymmetrical cut and textured knit. I love the heavy weight of the drape and the sheen on the yarn. A little avant-garde and very comfy.
- Club Monaco Meryl Sweater: Awfully pretty with its sheer insets, and swingy high-low hemline. Romantic and modern. Runs small and tight under and on the arms so you might need to size up.
- J.Crew Stripe Sleeve Merino Sweater: Colour blocked lilac with graphic black and white. Nice sporty piece in a fairly fluid fit.
- Club Monaco Claudia Striped Sweater: Oversized and visually widening all over, especially from the side, so consider yourself warned. The photo makes the style look more streamlined than it is so you might need to size down.The genius lies in the tailored short sleeves that provide just enough structure. On trend and a silhouette that is all over Fall 2014 fashion runways right now. I loved this top, but the neckline wasn’t high enough for my liking so it didn’t follow me home.
- Club Monaco Kimberly Top: Not technically a sweater but I’m including it anyway. I don’t wear knitted tops, but if this was in a colour other than grey or black, it may have been the top that followed me home. It’s modern ‘80s fabness all the way. Flattering oversized fit in front, and interesting low back detailing. A fun, alluring and unique piece.
Right now knitwear is the fashionable choice of top to wear with any bottom. We’ll continue to see knitwear offered throughout the year in countless styles, fabrications and colours. Best top trend ever.