With black footwear trending strongly at the moment, there’s an excellent assortment in stores. Casual, rugged, refined, textured, with hardware, without hardware, there’s lots to choose from. Here’s a selection of low-heeled and comfortable options.
- Fidji G482 Bootie: I’m thrilled with these booties, which I bought to give my ink blue booties a rest after walking them into the ground. I love their refined casual appeal, pointy toe, non-cowboy look, and that they aren’t jet black. They are ever so slightly grey, which looks a dash softer. Soft leather makes them super comfy, but you have to add a cushioning insole because the footbed isn’t spongy. Their tailored fit around my low volume ankle is an added bonus, and the elastic inserts make walking a joy. No rubbing and very well made. Their just above two inch heel height would have ordinarily been too high for me, but their lightweight nature helps take the pressure of the balls of my feet. Thank you Fidji, for making fashionable and comfy boots for my fussy feet.
- Stuart Weitzman Manlow Bootie: If I was in the market for a refined bootie with buckles and hardwear, this would be it. Buttery soft leather, tapered fit on the ankle, and super comfy. Stunning quality.
- Stuart Weitzman Parttime Bootie: A simple and sleek bootie for the Modern Classic.
- Stuart Weitzman Dude Bootie: A short rugged bootie with that signature Stuart Weitzman refinement despite its hard edge.
- Vaneli Lana Bootie: An easy wedge style for an extra relaxed look. Available in wide sizes.
- Vaneli Caesar Bootie: Another simple and sleek style for the Modern Classic. Versatile, tailored and understated. Also available in wide sizes. Read the rave reviews.
- Miz Mooz Nicole Bootie: Here’s one for Team Chunky Booties. Fun cut-out and stud detailing.
- Kenneth Cole Prince Bootie: A textured, feminine and dainty shootie. Fun dressed up or down. I almost bought these, but preferred the smooth leather finish and more stable heel of the Fidji.
- Jeffrey Campbell Everly Bootie: The hard edge of the Everly is in its third season of repeat styling, it’s that popular. A unique and fun bootie for mild weather.
- Jeffrey Campbell Carina Bootie: Here’s a softer version of the Everly. The daintier strap and buckle are more to my taste, so I might try these on when the weather warms up.
Some of these options are available in brown, which might be more suited to your style if you love earth tones.