I like it when retailers stock crisp black and white merchandise just before the launch of new Spring collections. It makes for a refreshing change after months of texture-rich and woolly Winter clothing, footwear and accessories.
- Vince Camuto Colorblock Mixed Stripe Knit Dress: Sleeved, flattering and office appropriate. Also available in a cobalt stripe.
- Vince Camuto Lightbox Scarf: Three toned geometric minimalism, with a soft touch.
- Vince Camuto Chevron Quilted Arm Warmers: Here is one way to stay warm indoors at the office while adding edge to an outfit. Read the rave reviews.
- VC Signature Talon Boot: Dressier Beatle booties that are pretty comfy. The buckles are gold and not silver, so consider yourself warned. Black patent looks fresh this season.
- Loeffler Randall Rider Mini Leather Crossbody Bag: Compact, structured and modern. Impeccable quality and quite the statement.
- T Tahari Oriana Jacket: Gorgeously clean and crisp despite the knitted fabrication. Placement of the colour blocking on the side panels of the midriff accentuate the tailored effect. Soft, cozy and tailored. Wear it open or zipped up.
- Lafayette 148 New York Ariella Skirt: One of the best pencil skirts around. Great longer length, and interesting panelling and piping detail. It’s made of a brilliant non-crease textured fabrication. No creases after sitting at the office all day. Looks better in person than on the photo.
- Guinevere Edin Cuff: A square bangle in a black and white checkerboard is playful and strong.
- Michael Kors Asymmetrical Two-Tone Moto Jacket: Maximal and very eye-catching. You really have to love black and white combinations to wear this jacket. It’s very, very bold.
- French Connection Chelsea Crossbody: This sporty fun bag is great for casual wear. The wide strap is comfortable, and it holds a good amount of stuff without looking overly bulky. It’s also available in black, or white in stores.
- KG Kurt Geiger Luther Loafer: I haven’t seen these in person but they look fabulous. Refined Androgyny at its best.
- Vince Boatneck Tee: I have many happy clients in this tee because it’s an excellent layering AND standalone piece. It’s the kind of top you reach for when you’re stuck on what to wear on top. It’s versatile, thick, non-clingy, non-crease, and launders well. Some of my clients bought multiples in the same colour because they reach for it over and over again.
- Vince Camuto Dabs Ruched Boatneck Top: This version is less expensive and runs much tighter. Another great layering piece with ample forgiving rushing on the sides.
- Kenneth Cole Marciel Blouse: V-necks are resurfacing. I like this blouse worn half tucked into a pencil skirt or trousers. Soft, pretty and modern for career wear.
I’m a sucker for black and white pieces, and outfit combinations. Do you like them too?