Sweaters are a Winter staple. Here’s a selection that won’t break the bank across a variety of colours, patterns and styles.
- Hinge Pattern Sweater: The slight scoop neckline is excellent for a shorter neck, full bust or broad shoulder line. The high-low hemline adds structure to its sack-like shape. A little sparkle is fab for any time of year. Available in four neutral patterns.
- Trouve Faux Leather Trim Reversible Trim Sweater: Wear the zipper either in the front or back. A gorgeous fashion forward piece that would be mine if it was not grey. It hangs like a shapeless sack so consider yourself warned.
- Vince Camuto Zigzag Sweater: And here is the exact opposite silhouette. A tailored piece for those who like to showcase their shape. I was wowed when my petite hourglass client popped this on with jeans and boots. Simple and conventionally flattering.
- Leith Metallic Front Pullover: Super on a full busted apple shaped body type with flowing bootcut trousers or straight legs. The tapered welt and slim scrunched sleeves provide just enough structure.
- Halogen Zip Detail Long Sleeve High-Low Sweater: Fab for Team Tall. Leave the zippers on the welt a little un-zipped for extra structure and interest.
- Kensie Dot Print Sweater: Elegantly casual. Wear a black tank top with a built-up shoulder under the sweater to camouflage bra straps that peek through the sheer yoke.
- NYDJ Open Stitch Metallic Sweater: More casual elegance. The back V-neck is alluring and different. An excellent fluid fit with ample shoulder and sleeve structure. Available in two metals, and read the rave reviews.
- Rubbish Marled Long Cardigan (Juniors): Mixed media interest that’s fab layered over a tee. A cozy option for working at home.
- Leith Shawl Collar Cardigan: A little more fashionable, longer, and cocoon-shaped.
- Michael Kors Mixed Media Cardigan: The photo does not do this avant-garde piece justice. It’s brilliant layered over sheath dresses and straight sweater dresses, adding a little arty edge to the mix.
- Halogen Ribbed Sleeve Ruffle Hem Moto Sweater: A fitted moto sweater with a ruffled back. Great with skirts and for petites.
- Halogen Print Wool & Cashmere Sweater: An easy pull-on-and-go fluid sweater that works well over wool trousers for the office. Also fab layered over a pencil skirt. Soft and non-scratch. It’s a little short, so a good option for short waisted body types in regular sizes.
- Topshop Texture Metallic Sweater: An ultra trendy subtle round-shouldered sweater in midnight metallic. Might be a little scratchy.
I wear warm cozy pullovers daily in Fall, Winter and Spring across a variety of weights and silhouettes. And for that reason I’m always on the hunt for styles and colours that tickle my fancy. No matter how many I add to my wardrobe, I never seem to have enough.