Knee-high and over-the-knee boots were never out of style, but booties and mid-calf boots have been the more on trend and fashionable choice for at least three years. In fact, booties have become a year-round shoe, and are being shown with just about everything.
We’re not saying goodbye to booties and mid-calf boots this year either. Not at all! But knee-high boots are also trending for Fall and Winter 2013, which is quite the change. As a general trend, footwear is becoming more refined and less chunky. Most of the tall boots are dressy and with a low or high heel. I pinned some outfits during the Fall 2013 designer shows in February so take a peek:
- Gucci: Patent crocodile with round shoulders and shades of textured black.
- J. Mendel: Tan boots with flowing midi skirts.
- Jil Sander Navy: School girl fun with grey pointy toe boots.
- Reed Krakoff: Flat over-the-knee boots with shorter skirts.
- Victoria Beckham: Pointy toe boots over faded jeans.
- Tommy Hilfiger: Colour-blocked boots with graphic black and white.
- VPL: Light-coloured boots with a sack dress.
- Louise Golding: Patent boots with a two-piece dress.
I’ve been favouring booties and mid-calf boots for the last few years as my tall boots gathered dust. That’s going to change this season because I feel like wearing my taller boots again. I am covered in the casual tall boot department but will be on the lookout for more dressy options.