Spring items are hitting stores and as always, I am most excited about the new season right at the start of its cycle. I start visualizing my refreshed Spring and Summer look when designers showcase their collections at the major Fashion Weeks, which was September and October last year. From then on I keep a very flexible list, and more recently a pinboard, of trends and items that intrigue me as I update my wardrobe.
With my style goals in mind, this is what’s on my Spring and Summer 2013 shopping list so far:
- Jeans: I’ve passed on all my body con skinnies so my denim capsule needs refreshing. My straight leg white jeans are shot and I need another pair of faded jeans that aren’t cropped like my boyfriend jeans. So I’m looking for roomier pairs of white jeans and faded jeans.
- Floral blazer: A fresh and romantic piece for a cool Seattle Summer.
- Tuxedo shirts: I’m thinking of making them a wardrobe essential both in white and light blue.
- Slouchy white trousers: They’ll make a nice change to jeans.
- Pastel trouser suit: I’m toying with the idea because it’s so fably ’80s. And seeing as we are attending a wedding in July, this could be the right outfit for the occasion.
- Long slouchy shorts: I haven’t seen these in stores yet, but they are supposed to be trending.
- T-shirt blouse: We saw them appear in Zara a few months ago, a blouse cut in the shape of a roomy t-shirt, and I’d like to get a couple to wear in the same way that I wear my button down shirts.
- Flat oxfords: I’ve walked my black and white flat oxfords into the ground so I’m looking some space-age-y silver flat oxfords as a replacement.
- Pointy toe flats or pumps: Not sure about the colours or patterns yet, but I’m 100% into pointy toed footwear.
- White Booties: To wear with the longer shorts and perhaps existing dresses and skirts.
Our Springs feel like Winter and are Summers are short, so I have to keep my shopping weakness under control this season. Nothing on this list is cast in stone, and I reserve the right to change my mind as the shopping season unfolds. Father Christmas kindly kickstarted my Spring wardrobe with a black lace bomber jacket and two toned waxed denim jacket, so I’m feeling seasonally refreshed already.
Over to you. What’s on your Spring and Summer 2013 shopping list?