My favourite red carpet frocks are usually the ones with strong, sleek, simple and retro lines. I don’t fancy the looks that are overly revealing, ruffle-y, shiny, voluminous or ornate nearly as much. But picking red carpet favourites is a subjective thing and I wouldn’t be surprised if we had completely different lists.
This year, Emmy’s style belonged to the gents because they generally dazzled more than the ladies. A first! Just for kicks, here are my lists:
- Jon Hamm could not be beat. Classic, immaculate, clean cut and very movie star handsome. A sight for sore eyes.
- John Krasinski looked fabulous in his satin trimmed tux and skinny black tie. Utterly adorable.
- Steve Carell was wearing a similar satin piped tux and looked just as dashing. He’s a scream.
- Seal’s all black suit ensemble with straggly polka dot tie was dark and edgy. He pulls this look off like no one else can.
- Kevin Bacon was delicious in his mod tux, messy hairdo and geeky black framed specs. So cute.
- Alec Baldwin looked distinguished in his tux with broad lavender tie which matched the colour of his hair and eyes. Very fab.
- Debra Messing in a magnificent one-shouldered electric red gown was my favorite of the evening. A redhead in tomato red is pure perfection.
- Heidi Klum was flawless in a classic strapless, beaded black fish tail gown. It’s easy to make the best dressed list if you can look like that when you’re 8 months pregnant. Seal accessorized her ensemble perfectly.
- Sandra Oh in a vintage gold strapless gown was stunning from head to toe. The corded low slung belt was an elegant touch and I loved how the clutch matched her hair.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler was beautiful in a cowl front halter-necked metallic gown. A superb take on modern retro glam.
Did you see the show? If so, let’s hear your favourites for the night.
Click the thumbnails to see the red carpet fashions at E! Online and MSN Entertainment.