Bored with what’s in your closet? Mix it up! The best thing about this season’s Winter looks: there isn’t just one way to wear them. Mixing trends will keep you going before you start to update for Spring.
Creating a contrast is one of my favourite ways to mix trends. Here’s how:
- Add lace to the androgynous look
- Add ruffles to the military look
- Add a touch of mod to vintage
- Mix preppy with glam
- Wear pearls with fashion sneakers
- Wear colours that clash, but work
- Experiment with layers
Stand in front of your closet tomorrow and come up with a new combination of clothing and accessories. Invent your own way of interpreting a trend. Designers look to street fashion for inspiration all the time and you might end up being somebody who starts a hot new trend.