While white dresses were the favourite at the Golden Globes, nude, red, black and gold were popular choices at the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards last night. Long or short, ruffled or sleek, Grecian or vintage, black or metallic, all seemed to have their place on the red carpet. I enjoyed the variety and had my favourites.
- Anne Hathaway’s gown was a sculptured work of art. Her long black tiered, rosette-inspired Marchesa dress was perhaps a little over the top for the SAG awards (one wonders what could top this at the Oscars) but an exquisite garment to behold none the less.
- Cate Blanchett is the new supermodel of the stars (watch out fellow Australian Nicole Kidman). Long and lean in liquid gold and 5-inch gold platforms, Cate’s style is never conventional but always glamorous. The back of this dress was also a geometric masterpiece.
- Reese Witherspoon was petite and perfect in a slate crystal-encrusted strappy sheath.
- Eva Longoria was pretty in an asymmetrical, Grecian inspired grey gown.
- Helen Mirren sported the latest fashion colours in an elegant, alluring and age-appropriate midnight blue dress carrying a bright yellow clutch.
- Becky Newton was in the best red dress on the red carpet. The clean and uncomplicated lines of her strapless a-line gown were fabulous.
What were your favourites?
My red carpet favourites, as seen on People.