I like to watch the fashion on the red carpet during the award ceremony season. This is the best time for stylists and designers to shine. Every year there seems to be a trend and so far “the white dress” was a popular choice at this year’s Golden Globes. While only one of the white dresses was amongst my personal favourites – it was nice to see a contrast to the overwhelming number of black dresses that have dominated the party scene over the holiday season.
I had expected to see lots of jewel-toned dresses (with the imminent explosion of colour for Spring 2007), but they were few and far between. Instead, shiny metals, svelte black numbers and neutral shades were in abundance.
My favourite dresses this year:
- Emily Blunt – in white and silver
- Naomi Watts – in periwinkle blue and metallic embroidery
- Cate Blanchett – in black lace
- Eva Longoria – in Grecian navy blue
- Angelina Jolie – in smoky grey
- Jennifer Lopez – in black and gold
- Reese Witherspoon – in acidic yellow
- Beyoncé – in glitzy gold
- Meryl Streep – in Grecian nude
Choosing the best dresses is subjective and personal. Stylists will differ enormously on this topic and so will your friends. I’d love to hear your list if you happened to watch the show.
See what the E! online fashion police have to say about Golden Globes fashion.