I wear a camisole daily when I’m not wearing thermals. They are a very important part of my style, and a necessary third item of underwear. I now have three styles that I rotate in white, cream, black, grey and ink blue (the first three styles in the collection below): The Hanky Panky jersey cami with lace, the $12 B.P. stretch camisole, and the Heattech cami from Uniqlo. All VERY comfortable, fit like a dream, look pretty, and wear like iron. The straps line up perfectly with my bras, which is a plus since I don’t like the “double strap” look. I pop all my camisoles into the dryer and they’ve retained their shape.
The rest of the camisoles are winners with my clients. Some of them are available in plus sizes. Most styles come in a large assortment of colours.
- Hanky Panky Classic Heather Jersey Camisole: My new favourite pretty camisole because the lace is LOVELY peaking through from under a neckline. The shape is flattering on most body types and the lace is super soft. Comes with matching boy shorts, which I love and wear too. I hope to see more colours in the style for Spring.
- BP Stretch Camisole: I've been wearing this camisole for eleven years and replenish as needed. It's VERY comfortable, cotton-rich, fits well and launders well. The satin strap adds a subtle pretty touch. It runs small and the cut is narrow, so size up. Excellent price.
- UNIQLO Women Heattech Camisole: I like the extra warmth that this cami offers. I find it roomier than other camisoles, and extra lightweight and soft. You can't feel that you're wearing it.
- UNIQLO Women Airism Camisole: This camisole keeps you cool if you run warm. The V-neck is lovely on a larger bust or very broad shoulder line.
- Halogen Skinny Strap Tank (Regular & Petite): A camisole that is well suited to a curvy figure like a pear or hourglass because it doesn't ride up at the hips. Extra long and fab for tall gals. The slightly built-up strap is nice too.
- Eileen Fisher Scoop Neck Silk Camisole (Regular & Petite): A fab camisole for the apple-shaped body type. Extra room on the midsection, and does not cling.
- TC Camisole Shaper (Plus Size): A great shaping camisole to wear under a top with a shirt or pair of trousers. The control is moderate and comfortable. Read the rave reviews.
- Yummie By Heather Thomson 'Stephanie' Shaping Tank (2 for $58): The yummy tummy cami provides shaping control over the waist and midsection. It's not for everyone, but CAN be sufficiently comfortable to wear daily, which some of my clients do. It has quite a bit of length, so not good on the very short waisted.
- Halogen 'Absolute' Camisole (Regular & Petite): One of the best camisoles for tall gals because of the extra length. Super soft and cozy. Great adjustable straps for those who are short between the bust and neck. Read the rave reviews.
You can see my descriptions alongside the items on the collection page.