Here are five ways to inject a little newness into your pencil skirt look for work or play. All top options are untucked. Be sure to look through all colour options.
- Ann Taylor Wrap Top: Many fashion tops are either overly clingy when you’re after waist definition, or too unstructured. It’s tops like this style of wrap that nip in at the waist without clinging to the midsection. A polished and professional non-jacket option.
- Ann Taylor Moonlight Lace Top: Structured, pretty, romantic and a little retro.
- Zara Silk and Cotton Sweater: Sometimes a simple welted pullover with a bit of sheen is all you need to wear with a pencil skirt. This type of top provides a great backdrop for bold necklaces, and is fab layered under most styles of jacket. I love the fluid fit, which looks especially fab under a bomber jacket. I found the blue to be more purple than navy — not a true ink blue.
- Diane von Furstenberg Becky Print Top: Wear it over a black pencil skirt to create a two-piece dress. Works as well with jeans and trousers, forming an effective mix and match capsule. Runs small on the shoulder and sleeves.
- Gibson Embellished Mixed Media Sweatshirt: Hands down the most cozy and comfortable option. Includes built-in bling.
As much as I like to tuck a shirt or blouse into a pencil skirt, it’s these untucked tops that have truly rekindled my interest in pencil skirts.