As I mentioned in a recent post, ankle strap footwear is on trend and likely to remain that way. In fact, I have a hunch that the silhouette will become a modern classic. Here’s a selection of my current top picks. Remember to look through the colour options.
- Steve Madden Lesliee Ankle Strap Wedge Sandal: Suede shoes are soft and therefore comfortable, and that’s what makes this style quite wearable despite the very high heel.
- Sam Edelman Okala Pump: I bought these darlings and am over the moon with them. I finally have a pair of ankle strap pumps that work for my feet! Although the heel is below three inches, ideally I’d have preferred a lower heel. That said, their comfort, fun pattern, and elegant silhouette sold me lock, stock and barrel. Their cushioning footbed and soft leather was key, as was the elastic insert on the ankle strap that makes it easy to stride. They are not eight hour shoes, but I’ll thoroughly enjoy them on shorter trips. Also available in cheetah.
- Splendid Sage Sandal: A casual wedge with fab crisscross front strap detailing.
- Charles David Impresa Sandal: Dressy and alluring. Must have high volume feet to fill out the silhouette. Also available in silver.
- Sole Society Savannah Sandal: High vamped, striking, and an excellent price.
- Nine West Callen Pump: Sleek and ladylike. Not soft, and I didn’t find them all that comfortable, but bear in mind I have fussy feet. Others found this style quite comfy. I vote white all the way.
- See by Chloé Hera Pump: I almost bought these instead of the Sam Edelman Okala Pump, because I love the lower heel height, and it’s a beautifully made shoe. But I preferred the pattern and strap width of the Okala. Runs small so size up at least half a size.
- French Connection Vicky Flat: A lovely Marc Jacobs look-a-like at a fraction of the price. Super soft suede, and dainty on the foot.
- Sole Society Penelope Sandal: Fun red sandal at a great price, which is why I am featuring it for a second time. Read the rave reviews.
- Sam Edelman Dakota Sandal: A sandal that is repeated season after season. I did not find this style comfortable, but am in the minority. A handful of clients are wowed by its comfort level, and it looks great on the foot.
- Born Delano Sandal: Another style that is repeated season after season because it’s casual, robust and comfortable. Read the rave reviews.
- Born Crown Landis Sandal: My clients love this sandal, which also comes in black and white and gold. It’s casually dressy and versatile. The gold goes right up to a size 13, which is a scarce size in women’s footwear. Super comfy and pretty on the foot. Read the rave reviews.
Although we’re having an unexpectedly warm Summer in Seattle, it will be short-lived. I’m going to wear my new ankle strap pumps as much as possible before I’m in boots and socks all over again sometime in September. Wear the heck out of your Summer footwear with me, ladies!