We’re half way through the year. Spring and Summer collections are more or less complete. Lots on sale, or going on sale. Autumn collections are in the pipeline. Here’s a short list of items that have been winners on my clients recently. Be sure to browse all the colour and size options.
- Sam Edelman Wanda: If you have narrow and flat feet like mine, these dainty flats are worth a try. They work quite well for me because they fit, don't fall off, and have HARD OUTER soles. Unlike super soft Rothy flats and the like, these don't feel like my feet are too close to the ground. I can't wear Rothys because my feet aren't supported by a hard sole, if that makes sense. I have an old pair in white, and a new pair in gold. They are not hardcore 8-hour walking shoes, but great to wear for a few hours. Soft on the inside.
- AllSaints Hailey Straight Leg Ankle Jeans: If you're after cool-toned blush acid wash jeans in a relaxed straight silhouette, these are worth a try, and have the denim jacket to match.
- Johnny Was Johnny Was Seline Golden Bouquet Silk Button-Down Shirt: The photo does not to the delicious GORGEOUSNESS of this blouse justice. The colours are crisper and deeper, and the silhouette is drapey but not tent-ish. The asymmetrical hemline offsets some of the volume. Fabric is beautiful too. Might need to size down.
- Johnny Was Johnny Was Divine Golden Bouquet Straight-Leg Silk Pull-On Pants: The pattern and fabric are STUNNING in person. Richer colours, luxe, soft and comfy, and has the blouse to match to create a set.
- Boden Slash Neck Midi Dress: This is a rare A-line cotton sheath that comes in two colours. Well-made, fantastic fabric, bodice is lined, and there are pockets. There is a low back neckline that is fabulously alluring, and works just fine with a regular bra. The red and orange option is more earthy in person. Not as bright.
- White House Black Market Pointelle Pullover: This is an extremely pretty sweater that's quite ventilating. Looks great with faded denim, white, and olive bottoms. The sleeves are more dramatic in person, and it doesn't cling like it does in the photo. Comes in black and butter.
- White House Black Market Pointelle Stitch 3/4 Sleeve Sweater: This little '70s top is darling with a pair of cropped pants or shorts. VERY lightweight, pretty, comfy, breezy, and does not crease. Comes in light blue and white.
- Free People Mystic Mary Jane Flats (Women): These hard-edged flats come in three types of metallic, and fit a wider foot quite well. They stay on the foot because of the secure straps.
- PIKOLINOS Blanes Sandal (Women): Supportive, comfy and well-made sandals for a wider foot. Comes in black and cinnamon.
- Zara Tailored Waistcoat: If you're after a little black '90s waistcoat to wear over shirts, tees, blouses, and dresses, this one is affordable.
- Zara Buckled Bag: Faux Leather Gold Satchel Fabness. Easier to carry than a dressy clutch for dressy occasions. By all means sport it during the day with a more causal look too. Comes in black and mint.
- Vince Camuto Eyelet Balloon Sleeve Button-Up Blouse: Very pretty lace blouse with statement balloon sleeves that can be dressed up or down. Watch the sleeve length because it's tricky to shorten. Comes in black.
- Leota Evalyn Floral Organic Cotton Maxi Skirt: A long cotton skirt with pockets and late '60s vibe. Comfy with a good bit of swoosh. It's long, but easy to shorten so that you don't trip. It has a blouse to match to create a two-piece dress.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Chino Wide-Leg Pant: I got these off-white wide cropped chinos to replace a pair of white jeans that bit the dust. The fabric is substantial, soft, and feels STUNNING against the skin. It's like a sueded cotton with a bit of stretch. The fit is TTS albeit a little roomy, which is welcome for breezy Summer pants. They drape in that casually fluid yet elegant and dressy RL Polo way. I wore them all weekend. They felt sharp and crisp despite their chino integrity. They barely stretch out or crease. Launder well, although a good press is in order after air-drying. The orange is earthier in person. Comes in toffee.
- Boden Broderie Tiered Maxi Dress: Several of my bright Summer dresses bit the dust, and this is one of their replacements. GORGEOUS quality, and 100% cotton. Fully lined and beautifully made. Runs narrow so you might need to size up. The eyelet is more orange than red, which suits me just fine but disappointed others. It's very long so I had three inches hacked off the length. I love the way this dress moves. High swoosh factor. Awfully pretty.
- Nic + Zoe Cutout Crush Fit & Flare Midi Dress: KILLER GORGEOUS strappy cotton sundress with pockets. Lovely quality and very comfy. There isn't a client who didn't love it when they tried it on. The pattern is bold, and you'll need to love the colours though. Comes in petites.
- Boden Tiered Poplin Midi Skirt: A tiered cotton midaxi skirt with pockets that comes in two more patterns. Fab quality and good swoosh factor.
- 1.State Floral Print Flutter Sleeve Blouse: This blouse looks so much better on the body than any of my clients expected. It comes in several patterns if you do a search. The sleeve frills make an interesting statement, and the necktie looks great left untied. Not too low.
- Tommy Hilfiger Women's Floral-Print Maxi Dress: A comfy and soft knitted dress with a Grecian appeal. Works well on a curvier body type and is fab for tall gals. Plenty of length. Easy to launder. Works with a regular bra. The V-neckline might need a little stitch or safety pin if you're after more modesty.
- Anne Klein Women's Jenna-Stand Collar V Neck W/Elastic: This dress worked well on a range of body types, from curvier to straighter. The waist elastic provides a nice bit of shape, and the pockets are fab. Crease-resistant, easy to launder, and looks more purple in person.
You can see the descriptions alongside the items on the collection page.
Here’s a fab find that’s worth a second glance. The Munro Cleo Sandal is a well made, comfortable, and refined modern classic. The big buckle adds a gorgeous on trend touch. It changes metal across the neutrals. The beauty of the sandal is in the extensive assortment of widths. There are five widths and seven neutrals. Sizes run from US5 to US13. Not every colour and size comes in every width, but there are plenty of options. I can wear sandals when they come in a NARROW width. I ordered the off-white with the gold buckle in a narrow width and it fit like it was custom-made for my feet. Cushioning, soft, supportive, versatile, lightweight, and I like the dainty silhouette. But the off-white was more earthy tan that rich cream, which wasn’t quite right for my wardrobe. I’d have bought them in a brighter white.