Here are items that have been winners on clients this season, that have great reviews, or caught my eye because they have fab potential. Most items are on sale, but some are not on sale yet. Browse the size and colour options.
Here are some great items that are on sale at Nordstrom right now.
- Calvin Klein Izial Square Toe Bootie: If you can wear three inch heels like some of my clients can, these are reasonably comfy, stable, flattering, and $85. Come in black, and some earthy suede options.
- Nic + Zoe Fringe Tweed Jacket: Gorgeous knitted jacket that is not as bright in person. VERY pretty statement sleeve detail. The cuffs are bigger in person. Size down for a form-fitting silhouette.
- Karen Kane Puff Sleeve Sweater: A fluidly tailored spicy mustard sweater that might run a little big. Long sleeves for Team Long Arms.
- Tory Burch Good Luck Trainer Sneaker: These come in all sorts of colours and colour-blocked options. Big statement on the feet. Polished and glitzy as far as athletic sneakers go. Runs small and slightly narrow.
- Gentle Souls By Kenneth Cole Elaine Bootie: Comfy Burgundy Bootie Fabness. Very soft suede. Might run a little small. Versatile tall shaft. Comes in neutrals.
- Misook Zebra Swirl Knit Skirt: Knitted skirt with pleats that lie very close to the waist and hips. No poufing.
- Stuart Weitzman 5050 Lift Over the Knee Boot: These classics need no introduction. VERY soft and comfortable, and work well on narrow calves.
- French Connection Sula Smocked Velvet Top: A handy short black velvet top that works well with higher rise bottoms, and skirts. Make sure you like to wear high necklines before you commit to it.
- French Connection Maryssa Jacquard Sweater: Cotton-rich and machine washable swirl-patterned sweater with dramatic sleeves. I love the shorter length, which tempers the volume of the sleeves. Comes in toffee.
- Nic + Zoe Space Dye Puff Sleeve Cotton Blend Sweater: If you like crisp, comfy, cotton knitwear, and blue combined with browns, try this pullover. It has long sleeves.
- Nic + Zoe Stripe Cotton & Modal T-Shirt: Brown nautical stripes are very rare, and this version is made of a soft modal and has a flattering neckline.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Lizzy Loafer: Navy patent loafers with silver trim have been hard to find, and here is an option. Reasonably comfy, and comes in chocolate brown, tan, and black. Patent chocolate brown loafers - another rare find!
- Franco Sarto Waxton Chelsea Boot: Many of my clients enjoy this bootie with on-trend square toe because it's versatile, tailored, roomy in front, not too high, and comes in purple, textured black, brown, and burgundy.
- Nic + Zoe Punch It Up Blazer: Pink Knitted Blazer Fabness. Cosy, great to wear at home and for Zoom calls, comfy, and particularly fab for Team Tall. Clients are raving about this darling.
- Nic + Zoe Grace Jacket: If you like LONG knitted black blazers that are tailored, comfy, and stretchy, try this one. The neckline fits awfully closely to the neck, it's as if it has a collar.
- Nic + Zoe Twilight Shimmer Sweater: GORGEOUS dressy sweater and festive in a subtle way with black dressy pants. A little shaped in the waist. Versatile neckline, and pretty sleeves that layer well under toppers. AMAZING on those with grey or salt & pepper hair.
- Tory Burch Reversible Cultured Pearl Earrings: Genius asymmetrical pearl earrings that are REVERSIBLE. Click the link to see the pearl component.
- Sandro Clive Ankle Trousers: These can work well for a curvier figure with a longer rise and defined waist. Lovely quality.
- Ted Baker London Solanna Scarf Collar Coat: Click the link to see how fabulous this coat looks when the attached scarf is tied. Chic, tailored, unique, and a fabulous maxi length.
- Theory Karenia Cashmere Turtleneck: Cream Turtleneck Fabness. Works well with the flared skirts too.
- Veronica Beard Keaton Combo Dickey Jacket: This is GORGEOUS, and like buying two toppers because the gilet can be worn without the denim jacket and vice versa. I liked the fit and concept when I tried it on. The layered topper vibe is not as bulky as you might expect precisely because the gilet is sleeveless.
- Alexander McQueen Botanical Reel Wool Blend Scarf: The pattern is a beautiful work of art, and drapes fabulously around the neck.
- Tory Burch Brutalist Cluster Clip-On Earrings: A Modern Retro cluster for Team Clip-On Earring.
- AGL Nora Pointed Toe Bootie: Buttery soft leather, fab marbled heel, tailored ankle fit, and comes in camel. Very comfy if you can manage the extreme pointy toe. Can work with bunions if your feet aren't wide.
See the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.
2. Everlane Knitwear and Accessories
Everlane generally does a great job with their sweaters, scarves, and beanies. They are casual, on-trend, sometimes texture-rich, a fab weight, colour-rich (usually solid colours), and versatile. I discovered Everlane knitwear last year, and the cashmere pullover and beanie I got then have held up well. So I’m giving the quality a thumbs up. The accessories are unisex, and some of the sweaters are too. Size down in the knitwear.
These items worked best on my clients.
Personally, I’m trying the merino cabled sweater in green. It has wider sleeves than I usually wear, but the cropped length tempers that volume. The pullover is longer on me, and I’m completely covered. Plus I wear a camisole for insulation. The cables are spaced out, which makes them less bulky. Santa Clause may or may not have popped the three-piece striped set under the tree. The white is more creamy in person, and the items match perfectly. I look forward to wearing them together.
Maeve Low-Slung Flared Trousers: These trousers are fabulous and VERY comfy. They are not low slung, so who knows why they are described that way. Super soft and fab for working from home or when you’re out and about. They look dressier, but have a versatile casual integrity. They can work well on a curvier figure. Love the broad ‘90s cuff. Comes in standard, petite, tall, and plus.
Maeve Colette Cropped Wide-Leg Corduroy Pants: These have worked on every client who has tried them because they mould to the contour of the body. Lots of colours. Very comfy. Comes in standard, petite, and plus.
Flat White Sheer Polka-Dot Blouse: I got this dressy blouse as part of my formal capsule and love it, although it’s not as comfy and warm as a dressy sweater. My nude-for-me bra miraculously fits perfectly under the straps of the camisole so no need to wear a strapless bra. The camisole straps are adjustable so you can adequately cover your bra. The puffy sleeves are more dramatic in person. The bow at the back of the neck is fun. I wear mine UNTUCKED over dressy pants or a skirt, and it’s sufficiently short to do so. You might need to size down. Comes in standard, petite, and plus.