With salons and hairdressers closed, some of us are probably considering doing some DIY touch-ups at home. Here are tips for what to do and not to do:
- How to wash wigs and extensions at home.
- Stylists share tips for how to remove your hair extensions at home.
- 8 women on why they don’t blow-dry their hair (and what they do instead).
- If you’re thinking about touching up your roots at home, here’s what you should and shouldn’t do.
- Allure shares the 7 best root touch-up kits according to colourists.
- Some colourists are offering virtual consultations and sending custom hair dye kits to clients.
- Dazed shares tip on how to care for afro hair in quarantine.
- Everything you need to know before cutting your own hair at home.
- Here are more tips for cutting your own hair with some helpful videos.
Fab Links from Our Members
Bijou thought this article captures the joy that dressing up can have in these strange times.
“Jewelry and Coronavirus: What to Know About Washing and Safety.” Nuancedream says: “I only wear my gold wedding band on a daily basis, but I decided to give my gemstone rings a rest precisely because of the frequent hand washing, sanitizing, and moisturizing.”
Fashintern wonders if any Australian Fabbers have spotted or worn costumes like the ones in this article.
La Belle Demimondaine has learnt so much about fashion history, and the ‘tranformation gown’ in particular, by watching these YouTubers trying to recreate the March sisters’ outfits in Little Women.
On the topic of Little Women, Jenn found this article about ‘cottagecore’ pretty interesting: “I’ve definitely seen this look on Instagram, and it makes strange sense in this unusual time.”
Nemosmom wanted to share an article that talks about how fashion changed after the depression, and theorizes how fashion might change when Corona-craziness dies down.
Mystery writer Laura Lippman started wearing unexpected things from her closet during the quarantine. Janet loves that she’s having fun with fashion at a time when many of us (herself included) are actually taking a break from it.
Vildy enjoyed this video on “how to steal the outfits for less, Free People edition“. Vildy thought they really pulled it off by also duplicating the stance and the expressions from the product photos.