- Pantone has picked Classic Blue as the colour of the year for 2020.
- A new documentary, Toxic Beauty, raises issues about the lack of testing and regulation surrounding the thousands of chemicals in common products we use on our bodies everyday.
- CoverGirl has launched a four-product vegan beauty line.
- Pinterest has revealed its Top 100 trends for 2020, and the 1990s are at the top of the list.
- David’s Bridal is one of the few retailers who will stop charging more for extended sizes.
- H&M is testing out a clothing rental service at its flagship store in Stockholm as the fashion industry faces mounting criticism for waste and pollution.
- Selfridges is removing all plastic-based beauty wipes from its stores.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that argyle was invented in the 17th century. The diamond pattern came into being by looking at something another way, namely tartan:
“‘Clans used to weave tartan on smaller frames to make tartan hose,’ says Professor Alistair O’Neill, a fashion historian and writer at Central St Martin’s college in London. ‘They found it wasn’t particularly form-fitting so they turned it 90 degrees. They worked out that if you cut the fabric once it is woven on the bias, it gives it a certain elasticity. So by turning tartan on its side you get argyle.'”