This week’s list of top picks is short and sweet. Pickings are usually slim at the end of the season, but this year has been exceptional. There is lots of good stuff to purchase if you’re in shopping mode and your Summers are long.
This week highlights a footwear brand called Earth that generally makes very comfortable footwear for regular and higher volume feet. Their styles are often too wide for me, but I keep on trying. Sometimes I order half a size down when the toe box looks long enough hoping that they create a better fit. One day, one of their styles will fit because all good things come to those who wait. Fabulous dresses are still going strong because it’s the best dress season ever. Browse all the colour options and read the rave reviews.
- Earth Masio Loafer: A comfy loafer with a sporty and casual integrity. Comes in six lovely colours. These might stay on feet with narrow heels. Solid and polished.
- Earth Juno: A sandal for narrower heels and wider toes. Quite good arch support and with a manageable heel height. Our forum members rave about them.
- Vince Camuto One Shoulder Ruched Top: Alluring yet reasonably covered. Needs a strapless bra, and might run a size big unless you're broad-shouldered. Long in the torso so not for petites. Form-fitting yet the ruching is forgiving.
- Vince Camuto Side Ruched Jersey Midi Dress: Fitted yet forgiving. Flattering, easy, and a super duper length. Suits a range of body types and is machine washable. I wish it came in a colour other than black.
- Vince Camuto Ruched Stripe Tank Top: This top is not as long in person, but it's just as form-fitting. The diagonal lines do an excellent job of straightening curves and camouflaging lumpage and bumpage. And they're just as good at adding shape to a straighter figure. Fab on a larger bust or broader shoulder line.
- Vince Camuto Chateau Floral Side Ruched Body-Con Dress: A WOW dress. Shaped in all the right places to create a streamlined silhouette yet magically forgiving. Might run a size big. If you wear a US0 and need a narrow fit, get an XXS.
- Naturalizer Amabella Slide Sandal: Fabulously trendy and looks like they come straight from COS. But they're Naturalizer, so a LOT more comfortable, and healthy for your feet. Comes in regular and wide widths, and a few colours. I vote WHITE.
- Banana Republic Stripe Handkerchief-Hem Ponte Dress: SUBLIME dress on a curvy body type. Works deliciously well on wider hips and thighs because of the flattering effect of diagonal lines. Works well on petites. Elegant length and great drape.
- Lucky Brand Ginger Bermuda Shorts: Flattering, comfortable, easy, versatile, and works on a range of body types. A streamlined fit and even wash add a polished touch to these fab denim shorts.
- Banana Republic Pointed-Toe Robin Ballet Flat: I couldn't believe my luck when I tried these pretty darlings. Pointy-toe ballet flats are hard to fit because they fall off my feet, feel too flat and unsupported, and squash my toes. These are perfect. Very comfy and cushioning, have room in the toe box and a substantial sole, and stay on my feet. VERY dainty and quite dressy on the foot. For low-volume/narrow feet only. They earned a place in my wardrobe and I'm thrilled with them. Colour is more saturated in person.
- Sanctuary Samba Midi Tank Dress: An elegantly casual midi for those who like to showcase their midsection. The ruching is forgiving, but it's still quite clingy so consider yourself warned.
- Vince Camuto Venue Block Stripe Ruched Body-Con Dress: A streamlined midi that's as forgiving as it is tailored. Comfortable and easy. Wow on those who can fill it out. Armholes aren't too wide either.
- Earth Hibiscus: Chunky sandals for higher volume feet. The straps create diagonal lines across the vamp of the foot which is visually attractive - especially on wider ankles.
- Earth Tierra: Happy rainbow sandals that are pretty and solid on the foot. Must be able to fill out the broad straps. Comes in three colours.
- Earth Sunflower: A chunky sandal for higher volume feet. Modern and simple. Flattering on wider ankles. Looks great in black in a '90s type of way.
- Earth Allegro: A substantial ballet flat. Euro and classic. Best on a wider foot and heel.
- Earth Venus: A more avant-garde style for high insteps. Looks great on wider feet.
- Earth Shelly: An interesting d'Orsay flat that looks better on the foot than in the photo. Very cushioning and soft. A little boho and arty.
- Topshop Bath Stripe Straw Tote Bag: This adorable casual tote looks better in person. Soft straw, good size, lightweight and comfortable handles. Nice for the Earthy Casual.
- Madewell Folk Fortune Bali Rattan Top-Lid Bag: A super cute rattan crossbody binocular bag in a good size that does not scratch. Fun lining and a trendy classic. Practical top lid opening too. Great with cognac footwear. I want it.
Here’s the collection page if you would like to see the items alongside my descriptions.