Here’s a roundup of comfortable casual wear in simple designs, many of which have been winners on my clients this season. There are a variety of colour options so do browse through them. Some of the items can be dressed up for business casual too.
- J.Jill perfect pima long-sleeve delicate scoop-neck tee: Best modern classic non-cling tee of the season. It has length, substance and comes in many colours. Good on a shorter neck and larger bust. Runs a size big.
- V. Fraas Rochelle Poncho: Best striped wrap style poncho of the season. The diagonal stripes add interest and structure to the silhouette. Arty and dramatic.
- Talbots Drop-Shoulder Merino Wool Turtleneck: A good layering piece for those who do NOT like to feel strangled by a turtleneck. The neck is surprisingly stretchy and roomy. Good fit. Great length for tall gals.
- J.Jill cable-knit poncho: Best cabled poncho of the season. Sleek, textured, classic and interesting. The mint is less grey in person. Fab over the matching long sleeved T-shirt and white jeans.
- Banana Republic Drapey Short-Sleeve Open Cardigan: A modern tunic sweater vest. Fashionably oversized. Runs big.
- Ann Taylor Luxe Poncho: The best simple and versatile poncho of the season. Great drape and not bulky. The cut is particularly flattering and does not swallow you up. Works on petites and regular height ladies. Dress it up with trousers or a dress. Dress it down with jeans.
- Banana Republic Heritage Tunic Blouse: A flirty tunic to wear over jeans or skinnies.
- UGG Orion: Extremely comfortable moto boots. They're chunky, but lightweight. Works on high volume foot. Comes in three colours.
- White House Black Market Saint Honore Mid-Rise Culotte Jeans: These streamlined culottes look really good. Not too voluminous and great drape. They fit a curvy waist to hip silhouette extremely well. Soft denim. Faded yet quite luxurious. No rips and tears. Excellent on petites.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Diana' Stretch Corduroy Skinny Pants (Regular & Petite): The best skinny cords of the season, and a repeat style. Plenty of length for tall gals and great colours to choose from. Works well on both a straighter and curvier body type. If you have a very defined waist, the waistband will probably need waist adjustment. Ultra cozy and not too skinny.
- Bobeau Three Quarter Dolman Sleeve Sweater Dress: A very lightweight sweater dress for an inverted triangle or apple shape with a larger bust and shorter neck. Good on petites too. Read the rave reviews.
- Eliza J Cable Knit Sweater Dress: A good fit-and-flare sweater dress for a curvy pear or hourglass body type with a defined waist. Not clingy. Great on petites. Read the rave reviews.
- Karen Kane Three-Quarter Sleeve A-Line Sweater Dress: A simple fit-and-flare that's good on a larger bust.
- Vince Camuto Vince Camuto Cowl Neck Sweater Knit Shift Dress (Regular & Petite): A chunky cowl neck sweater dress to wear with over-the-knee boots. Non-scratchy. Might run a size big.
- French Connection 'Naughty Brights' Cotton Sweater Dress: The V-neck is very low so you will need a layering piece underneath the sweater dress. Quite bulky. Great with tights and boots and on petites.
- Eliza J Cowl Neck Fit & Flare Sweater Dress: A cowl-necked fit-and-flare that's best on straight or curvy shapes with a defined waist. Not good on apple shapes. Great with tights, boots and coat.
- Laundry By Shelli Segal Pillow Collar Raincoat with Detachable Quilted Hooded Bib Insert (Regular & Petite): An excellent lightweight raincoat with a fun collared hood, side entry pockets, structured waist and toggled hem. It works surprisingly well on a larger bust. Well made and interesting.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.