My top picks for skirts is short and sweet because they weren’t the strength of the sale. Clients did a LOT better with dresses than they did with skirts, which is not the norm. There were some great trousers, and thankfully not all of them black and super skinny. The stellar assortment of jeans made up for the lack of fun skirts. Lots of new silhouettes, washes, colours and fits to cover a large spectrum of body types. Almost all of my clients bought jeans (even when they weren’t planning to).
- Ted Baker London 'Dabah' Floral Print Pencil Skirt: Scuba fabric is crease resistant, and looks crisp no matter what. Tailored, yet soft and stretchy. Great length for tall gals.
- Classiques Entier 'Colette' Faux Wrap Pencil Skirt: Best pencil skirt at the NAS. The detailing of the front vent is stunning and beautifully made. Office appropriate and chic.
- Vince Camuto Trumpet Skirt: Gorgeously swooshy as you stride. Weighty, soft and plenty of length for tall gals. Does not crease and is super comfy. Size down.
- Eileen Fisher Silk Blend Knit Straight Skirt: I haven't seen this in person but one of our forum members bought it and looks like a million bucks. It's soft, weighty, comfortable and sufficiently long. Gorgeous fabric, and a great Winter white skirt. Runs big.
- NYDJ 'Ski' Zip Pocket Ponte Knit Pants (Regular & Petite): AMAZING skinny Ponte pants. Thick, comfy, soft and not too tight. They fit every curvy, straight and apple body type across petite, regular and tall - I could NOT believe it. Comes in grey, black and brown. Size down.
- 1.State Wide Leg Plaid Culottes (Nordstrom Exclusive): The best culottes at the NAS if you are pear shaped, a curvy hourglass or a straighter hourglass. They are very flattering, trendy, versatile and inexpensive. The fabric is fab too. Do not get these if you are apple shaped. Alter the length by 2 to 3 inches if you are petite.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: Structured pleather leggings that hold you in but do not cut off your circulation. Works for petite, regular and tall.
- Lafayette 148 New York Snake Jacquard Curvy Fit Slim Leg Jeans (Regular & Petite): A jacquard business casual trouser that fits a curvy figure. Nice straight leg. Comes in black and brown.
- Rebecca Taylor Suiting Culottes: Pleated culottes that work best on a pear or hourglass figure. Nice on petites too. Runs small.
- Classiques Entier Bootcut Pants (Regular & Petite): These are AMAZING on an apple, rectangle and inverted triangle body type. The photo does not do them justice. Very, very chic. The fabric is ultra luxurious. Petites are fine to hem the length.
- Zella 'Inspire' Capris: Fab pull-on-and-go bottoms to wear over a swimsuit or as a casual pair of bottoms. The length and tapered hem creates flattering proportions. Works on all body types.
- Diane von Furstenberg 'Dezi' Jumpsuit: Hello Studio 54. This jumpsuit works on a rectangle or hourglass with a long neck, narrow shoulder line, and small or regular size bust. Elegantly '70s. The sleeve shape is unique and the blousoned defined waist provides ample structure. Colour is a little darker in person. The pocket linings grin a little, so you might consider having them altered.
- KUT from the Kloth Plaid Stretch Skinny Pants: I haven't seen these in person, but they've received rave reviews. The pockets are faux which provides a smooth finish on the thighs. Runs small.
- Current/Elliott 'The Buddy' Twill Trousers (Fatigue Green): Trendy chinos with a little sheen that work best on rectangles, apples and inverted triangle body types. Fun contrast colour blocking on the pockets. Might need to size up a size.
- ELOQUII Studio Faux Leather Culottes: Streamlined leather-esque culottes that look even better on the body. Slimming, comfortable and trendy.
- NYDJ 'Ski' Zip Pocket Ponte Knit Pants (Plus Size): The best Ponte cigarette pants at the NAS. Thick, soft, structured, but not clingy. The fit moulds to all body types, and the result is flattering. Excellent girdling effect on the midsection.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Cameron' Distressed Rolled Straight Leg Jeans (Audacity): Trendy, flattering and different. Love the oversized cuff. Works surprisingly well on both curvy and straight body types. There is room in the thighs. Great fit and affordable price.
- Rag & Bone / Jean 'The Skinny' Jeans (Distressed Fatigue) (Nordstrom Exclusive): Super soft and comfy. Works well on larger calves. Not much room in the thighs. Runs small so size up a size.
- J Brand 'Love Story' Flare Jeans (Trouble) (Nordstrom Exclusive): The best flares at the NAS. If you're after a dramatic pair of dressy jeans these are a good option. They fit really well if you're curvy. There is room in the thighs. Size down if you're straight on the hips. The hems are very long and will need alteration unless you are tall.
- Treasure&Bond Boyfriend Jeans (Rustic Light Patched): Patchwork is playful, uber casual, trendy and interesting. A flattering fit on straight and curvy body types. There is room in the thighs. Might need to size down a size.
- Current/Elliott 'The Cropped Straight' Ankle Jeans: Trendy cropped pants with a slight flare on the hem. Soft, sturdy and comfortable. Fits a curvy and straight figure. Size down one or two sizes if you want to achieve a tailored fit.
- Rag & Bone / Jean 'The Dre' Slim Fit Boyfriend Jeans (Watts) (Nordstrom Exclusive): The wash on these is amazing, and the fit very flattering. Size down if you want to achieve a streamlined fit. There is room in the thighs. Works on petites, regulars and talls.
- Burberry Brit Coated Stretch Crop Skinny Jeans: Wet look grey cropped jeans for a very straight or apple shaped figure. Not good on curvy figures. No room in the thighs. Runs small.
- Treasure&Bond Ankle Skinny Jeans (Jet Grey Worn): A super cropped cargo jean for very straight or apple shaped figures. Not much room in the thighs. Runs a size small.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Chrissy' Stretch Flare Leg Jeans (Breezy) (Long): A streamlined pair of flared jeans with a high rise. Very soft and comfy. Thick denim with a good structured fit. Room in the thighs. A small waistline might need waist adjustment.
- NYDJ 'Samantha' Colored Stretch Slim Straight Leg Jeans (Regular & Petite): Fabulous "slim straight" jeans for wide calves. This is your skinny. Excellent on a curvy figure. Lots of room in the thighs. Might need to size down a size.
Here are the collections pages if you would like to see the items alongside the descriptions.