Make black look and feel more like Spring by combining it with shades of white and splashes of colour. Nothing feels quite as Spring-like as a happy floral in a cotton-rich or silky fabrication. Here are some of the items my clients have bought to refresh their looks.
- Komarov Asymmetrical Tiered Chiffon Skirt: An asymmetrical drapey and feminine skirt that's fun paired with a tougher jacket. Dress it up or down, and read the rave reviews.
- Vince Knit Scuba Sweatshirt: The jacket looks a LOT better in person. It's the best knitted moto I've seen, and brilliant on a curvy figure. The two-piece collar is unique and the shorter back is flattering. Substantial fabric creates a more structured integrity. Looks as good zipped up. Tailored and chic.
- Ted Baker London Textured Peplum Jacket: The side view of this jacket is particularly stunning because of the high-low peplum. Great in motion. Super crisp and crease-resistant. Works as well unzipped, and is beautifully structured. Dressy, dramatic and well made. Fun floral lining. Excellent on a curvy body type. A piece with a high longevity factor.
- Ted Baker London 'Dumia' Floral Print Sweater: A cotton-rich floral pullover in jewel tones. Nice with black bottoms.
- Two by Vince Camuto 'Modern Splatter' High/Low Tunic (Plus Size): A drapey tunic with an interesting cut. Nice swoosh in motion. Looks best over a column of white or columm of black. Also available in regular sizes.
- Two by Vince Camuto Splatter Print Skinny Jeans (Rich Black): Fun paint splattered jeans with a higher rise. A tailored fit with a good amount of length. Looks great with white slipper flats. Might need to size down a size.
- Ted Baker London 'Priddyy Cascading Flora' Top: A knitted top with a pretty and flattering diagonal flutter sleeve. The spacing and ombré effect of the pattern is unique. Soft, fluid and does not cling. Fun matched with lemon and bright pink jeans.
- Trouvé Trouvé Contrast Underlay Sweater: A high-low two-for-one in a genius cut. The tapered shape of the sweater portion against the high contrast white woven fabric creates a slimming effect on the oversized piece. The neck is high and tight so consider yourself warned. Also available in grey.
- Two by Vince Camuto Splatter Print Slub Linen Jersey Tee: A fun paint splattered linen tee that's best partially tucked. Wear it with the matching jeans.
- Vince Camuto Floral Print Scuba Sheath Dress: The fabric of this sheath is thick which creates extra structure. Good length too. Excellent on an hourglass frame.
- Ted Baker London 'Jaday' Loafer (Women): A floral slipper flat can put a spring in your step. Quite muted in person and might run a little small. Not all that soft, but good for non-fussy feet.
- Halogen Floral Print Cardigan (Regular & Petite): This floral cardigan looks best buttoned through and worn like a pullover over a skirt. Super soft and does not cling.
- Tildon 'Emilia' Foldover Clutch: A vegan clutch with a good amount of room and fun fold-over detail. I liked the white best, but the cobalt is great too.
- Ted Baker London 'Tercera Blossom' Print Sweater: A silky sweatshirt in a photographic floral pattern. Feminine and sporty. Might run a little small.
- Birkenstock 'Arizona' Floral Print Sandal (Women): An acquired taste but a happy floral for the Birkie lover. Enough said.
One of my clients fell in love with the black and white paint splattered jeans when combined with the modern splattered tunic in black, or with the cream splattered linen tee. They both make for very fashionable, matchy-matchy and playful combinations.
I fell in love with the Trouvé contrast underlay sweater in black and white. I wore it last weekend with light blue satin skinnies, white slipper flats, citron trench coat and turquoise Furla bag. I like the two-for-one combination because it’s comfortable and easy to throw on and go.
Go the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions. And remember that if you are a member you can also create collections and post them to the forum.