Interesting, unconventional jeans come in handy around the holidays, especially when they lean towards dressy. Combine them with a festive sweater or a plaid shirt and blazer, a dressy pair of shoes and some extra bling, and Bob’s your uncle. You’re dressed up for a relaxed setting. Here’s an assortment across various price points, and three bonus items at the end.
- Hudson Jeans 'Krista Vice Versa' Skinny Jeans (Punk Universe): These jeans are uniquely lace from the front, and plaid at the back. Wearing them with a pair of booties with a higher vamp is a great way to insulate their cropped length. I love lace so these made it into my shopping basket. Might need to size up a size.
- Rag & Bone/JEAN Stretch Skinny Jeans (Anfield Splatter): Splattered jeans for an arty touch. A fun juxtaposition when worn with lots of sparkle.
- Free People Destroyed Denim Trousers: An '80s flashback. Slouchy, pleated, patched and distressed. I dare you to make a statement with this blast from from the past.
- True Religion Brand Jeans 'Halle' Leopard Print Skinny Pants: A self-colour pair of flocked jeans is chic and versatile. Size up.
- NYDJ 'Ami' Houndstooth Print Stretch Skinny Jeans: A self-colour pair of houndstooth jeans for those who prefer black bottoms. Great on a curvy bottom half, or apple shaped body type. Might need to size down a size.
- Wit & Wisdom Flocked Plaid Pants (Nordstrom Exclusive): Velvety, soft and super comfy. The higher rise is excellent at camouflaging muffin top. Might need to size down a size. Read the rave reviews.
- Current/Elliott 'The Ankle' Destroyed Skinny Jeans (Fool's Gold): A pair of shiny jeans is great to wear over the holidays. Wear boots with higher shafts for extra lower leg coverage. You might need to size up a size. These made it into my shopping basket because I've found metallic jeans versatile and fun to wear throughout the year.
- Hudson Jeans Tie Dye Skinny Stretch Jeans (Illusions): A little white and grey tie dye for in the dead of Winter. Why not? Bright, dramatic and fab with a black or grey support act. Size up.
- Nordstrom Collection Double Breasted Cashmere Poncho Cardigan: A trendy poncho sweater to wear over sleek pants or jeans. The drape is good and the gauge quite refined, so petites will not feel as overwhelmed in this style.
- Adrianna Papell 'Concorde' Print Faux Wrap Dress: A wrap dress with a little more coverage on the bust area with extra hem length to boot. Fab modern pattern.
- Soia & Kyo Long Down Coat with Inset Bib: Loving my own six year old puffer by this brand, I can't rave enough about Soia & Kyo puffer coats. They are very warm, heavy duty, double layered, fashionable, and beautifully made. The rib insets and high shawl collar are extra insulating. I vote military green or navy. Runs small.
Unconventional jeans can also be a great way to amp up your stay at home style.