Many of these toppers have been winners on my clients. They are lightweight and therefore an outside option for warmer climates and great indoors with air conditioning.
- BCBG Edward Peplum Jacket: If you’re after a well-made jacket that’s suited to a very curvy hourglass or pear shaped body type, give this style a go. It’s tailored in the extreme when zipped up, and still quite waist defining when worn unzipped. It has a fun asymmetrical neckline and the sleeves can be shortened for petites. Particularly fab worn with flared and pencil skirts.
- Dru Double-Front Moto Jacket: This style is cut straighter than the peplum jacket. Fab zipper detailing.
- Vince Camuto Colorblock Jacket: An exceptionally lightweight and soft jacket that feels like a cardigan. It’s sufficiently tailored and very comfortable. Check out the colour blocked effect on the back.
- Kenneth Cole New York Ella Jacket (Petite): If you’re after a topper that’s purely decorative and provides zero warmth, an ombré lace moto is one way to go. Fabulous on petites over sheath dresses.
- Halogen Drape Front Knit Vest (Plus): I like the dramatic drape of this sleeveless moto. Soft, fluid and fashionable.
- Zara Short Blazer: I haven’t seen this one in person yet, but I’m eyeing it for myself. I like the colour, angular lines, high neckline, high-low effect from the side, cropped sleeves and 100% cotton composition.
- Textile Elizabeth & James Kelsey Jacket: A boxy utility jacket in a swing silhouette with tails and tab sleeves. An interesting piece to add to casual outfits.
- Lovers & Friends Babe Moto Jacket/Vest: A moto with removable sleeves that doubles up as a vest. Pretty tailored when worn open, and quite versatile.
- Merino Wool Blend Moto Jacket: A popular piece with casual clients who prefer to wear cardigans but are bored with classic and drapey silhouettes. A knitted moto provides the comfort of a cardigan in a more fashionable way. Read the rave reviews.
- Eileen Fisher Asymmetrical Zip Crop Jacket: A cropped boxy topper in a unique shade of pewter. The sparkle is subtle. Works best on those who can fill out the torso, or have broad shoulders. Runs large.
Remember that fashionable jackets are for the most part supposed to be worn unfastened. So check whether you like the effect of the style open before you purchase it.