Orla Kiely teams up with Clarks, two more fashion collaborations, Pantone’s new Fashion Colour Report and more news from the world of style.
- Last Friday, it was announced that prominent fashion critic Cathy Horyn was leaving The New York Times, for very sad personal reasons unfortunately.
- Cameron Diaz launches her first shoe collection for Pour La Victoire, which will be “feminine and sophisticated”.
- After last year’s data breach, Target is accelerating the implementation of their chip-enabled ‘smart card’.
- New York was elected as Top Global Fashion Capital 2013. Check out the top 10 here (Antwerp is in there too, fab!).
- A floral print, the designer’s signature colours and a nod to the ’60s-’70s. Clarks has just launched its Orla Kiely collection.
- Good news for US Topshop fans: a new flagship store will open in New York City this Fall. Stores in Atlanta, San Diego, Houston & Washington, D.C. are also in the works.
- Who’s heading to the newsstand today for Net-a-Porter’s first issue of Porter, their new shoppable glossy?
- Topshop teams up with Adidas Originals, and is bringing out a sporty 20-piece collection intended “as a fashion and a performance range”.
- Aurora Red, Sangria, Cypress, Royal Blue… Pantone just released their Fashion Colour Report for Fall 2014.
Fun Fashion Fact
Marimekko’s trademark Unikko poppy pattern is celebrating its 50th birthday this year. Did you know that Marimekko is Finnish for “Mary’s little dress”?