These bottoms are fun variations on the oversupplied basic and super tight skinny jean, straight cropped pant, and simple pencil skirt. Remember to look at all the colour options.
- AG Nikki Relaxed Skinny Jeans: It’s hard to find a pair of full length faded skinny jeans, sans rips and tears, that don’t suck the living daylights out of you. But I eventually found them when I tried on these Nikkis. Their looser fit is heavenly and thoroughly modern. Expensive but totally worth it. I’d rather have fewer pairs of jeans that fit exactly how I want them to, than a whole slew of jeans that are almost there.
- Free People Lady Macbeth Skirt: A refreshingly different pencil skirt silhouette. Gorgeous back detailing and curved hem. The tartan is soft but unlined so consider yourself warned.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Cliff Pants: The drape on these trousers is stunning. Weighty and structured, yet wonderfully fluid. The width on the hems is pretty wide, and the colour is more of a pink-red than a tomato red. Also available at BCBG, and in a nude shade of blush.
- Parker Devlin Pants: These pants are extremely lightweight and made of a polyester crepe that looks and feels even better than silk. I couldn’t believe they were made of polyester actually. I love the silhouette, and have them on my wish list for high Summer. They look great with a soft cropped voluminous top.
- Eileen Fisher Pleated Harem Pants: You’ll have to try them on in order to understand their magic.
- Halogen Organza Inset Stretch Cotton Skirt: Sheer panels are trending. The organza panel on this pencil skirt makes it distinctive and playful.
- Bobeau Track pants (Plus): Fashionably on trend and fab with a layering shell top, unbuttoned low stance blazer, and pumps.
- Free People Solid Tutu Skirt: Match this tutu with a cropped and fluid, or tailored moto jacket. Finish off the look with girly shoes, or hard-edge booties.
- Joie Irreplaceable B889-1480B Linen Trousers: A ‘90s flashback that is refreshingly “new” amidst a landscape of cropped and extra tight skinnies.
- Hive & Honey Military Twill Slouchy Pant: Sufficiently tailored although slouchy and roomy. Lovely in fatigue. Read the rave reviews.
- R13 X Over Waxed Jean: An acquired taste because the crotch point hangs low and looks a little like you’re wearing a nappy. That said, they’re a fun, avant-garde and unique silhouette. Size down if you’re after a less droopy crotch point fit.
Items like these give me hope that we’ll see a greater variety of bottom silhouettes this season.