Great casual boots needn’t cost hundreds of dollars. If the boots fit well, look great, and are kind to your feet — wear them. With that in mind here’s a selection of casual boots that won’t break the bank. Be sure to look at all the size and colour options.
- Trotters Blizzard Boot: This Chanel-esque and comfortable weatherproof boot comes in wide widths and goes up to a size 12. Here’s the shorter version if this style is too tall.
- Sole Society Delma Wedge Bootie: A dressy desert bootie in earth tones. Great in casual settings with jeans, stretchy pants and sweater dresses. Read the rave reviews.
- Sperry Top Sider Falcon Rain Boot: A rare brown boot for slush and rain.
- Naughty Monkey Chaotic Boot: A quick and stylish pull-on-and-go over skinnies and jeggings.
- Sole Society Aileen Boot: A vegan moto boot that works well with flirty dresses and slim-fit pants.
- BP. Trolley Leather Ankle Boot: A streamlined casual bootie that goes up to size 13. Read the rave reviews.
- Dolce Vita Krynn Bootie: Casually perforated, super soft and streamlined at the ankle.
- MIA Odette Bootie: A slouchy and rugged combat boot that runs half a size large, so size down.
Remember that suede and leather can be insulated with weatherproofing spray, and that adding cushioning insoles can make a pair of boots a lot more comfortable. I add $2 drugstore bought insoles to all my boots and booties. A couple of dollars that are very well spent.