There is a greater assortment of longer length dresses with sleeves to choose from this party season, which is a vast improvement on last season. Furthermore, black is not the only option.
- Tadashi Shoji Asymmetrical Ruched Mesh Gown: This dress is genius and looks best on a gal with curves who can fill it out. It has excellent camouflaging integrity around the midsection and hips, if that part of the body makes you feel self-conscious. It also reduces the size of the bust with its low and asymmetrical neckline. You might need to size down a size.
- Tadashi Shoji Asymmetrical Ruched Mesh Dress: A similar design to the gown and truly WOW on a curvy gal. I’ve had many clients in both the long and short version of this dress and they all took my breath away.
- Maggy London Embroidered Lace Overlay Midi Dress: At last. A bit of length on a lace dress. If I didn’t just commit to a lace pencil skirt, this frock would be mine.
- Adrianna Pleated Jersey Sheath Dress: If you’re after a snug fit that does not cling, try this dress. First, it’s rare to find a V-neck dress, and second, the thick fabrication and tiered design creates a structured look that is flattering and forgiving.
- Tadashi Shoji Mesh Stripe Fit & Flare Dress: This is one of the best black dresses I’ve seen all year simply because it isn’t straight or all black. My client bought it to wear on a cruise and she looks spectacular. The see-through mesh inlays make the dress. Might need to size down.
- Adrianna Papell Lace Overlay Fit & Flare Dress: Retro, pretty and romantic. Add a metallic belt, opera gloves and cropped faux fur jacket.
- Adrianna Papell Lace Overlay Sheath Dress (Plus): A modern classic that’s great for petites. I found it a little short on regular height and tall ladies.
- J Kara Beaded Dress (Plus): A flirty frock with less arm coverage, but lots of twirling potential. Built-in bling means no jewellery required. Add dressy shoes, clutch and coat and you’re done.
- Adrianna Papell Beaded Mesh Gown (Plus): Simply stunning.
- Xscape Embellished Cold Shoulder Blouson Dress (Plus): This dress is great on an apple or inverted triangle body type. It’s forgiving on top, but highlights narrower hips and fabulous legs.
- Alex Evenings Metallic Ruched Mesh Dress (Plus): Simple, classic and chic.
- Jean Paul Gaultier Fuzzi Butterfly Print Cold Shoulder Dress: This one is for Team Body Con because it’s tight. Great length and fun cold shoulder detailing. Love it with heeled booties.
For toppers think wool coats, faux fur coats, trench coats, evening coats, capes or moto jackets. Add hose, dressy shoes, clutch, and jewellery as desired.