A cropped sweater or sweatshirt in a fine gauge, chunky knit, mixed media silk blend, or sweatshirt fabric is what I call a cheeky pullover. The fit is fluid or oversized, and in most cases has a welt or high-low hemline. I particularly like the styles with raglan sleeves.
- Topshop Embroidered Sweater: A versatile and sleek cropped pullover with a retro flavour.
- Rebecca Taylor Embellished Sweatshirt: Texture rich and oversized.
- Topshop Floral Sweater: You’ll look pretty and huggable in this little darling.
- Halogen Leather & Cashmere Sweater: A mixed media and slightly edgy option for Team Grey.
- Leith Fuzzy Crop Pullover: Cute and cuddly. A major lint warning must accompany this style if you intend to wear it with dark bottoms.
- Topshop Angora Sweater: A little more cropped and fitted. Also retro. Great on a short-waisted lass, but might be itchy if you’re sensitive to wool.
- Rag & Bone Mariah Merino Wool Sweater: A super way to pattern mix with other geometric patterns. Fab with slouchy bottoms.
- Pink Tartan Two-Tone Sweater: Nice with fluid black bottoms. Winter white looks fresh throughout the cold weather season.
- Milly Colourblock Turtleneck: I have my eye on this one.
- Rubbish Embroidered Marled Sweater (Juniors): V-necks are perfect on a larger bust line while the roomy fit across the torso is forgiving on the midriff. The lightweight nature of the sweater creates a flattering drape against the contour of the body.
- Theory Kuno Yuno Sweater: Chunky, round-shouldered, and very short in front. Trendy deluxe and great with a high-waisted skirt.
- Jessica Simpson Bellis Intarsia Sweater (Plus Size): Graphic Mary Quant fun and really flattering.
In the online pictures many of these pullovers are matched with body-con skinnies and jeggings, which I don’t think is the most attractive way to wear them because of their short length. To my eye, short cheeky pullovers look best with less tight bottoms like tulip and full skirts, fluid or slouchy trousers, roomy bootcuts and straight legs, boyfriend jeans, or wide leg jeans. Faux tuck the top with a belt if desired. That said, I do like a cheeky pullover worn over a tight pencil skirt because skirts and shorter tops are generally a great pairing.