Summer is around the corner, and for some, that means wearing extra casual outfits. So this week’s roundup showcases super relaxed items, ideal for casual settings.
- Vince Camuto ‘Lancaster’ Flat: Comfortable, breezy, on trend and I vote la creme. Fits an insole and orthotic.
- Joe’s Kody Sandal: Super soft leather and with the oh so popular broad ankle strap. It’s very flat and lacks arch support so consider yourself warned.
- Michael Kors Print Flutter Sleeve Top: I saw this top on the hanger and was not all that impressed. But the fabric is unbelievably soft, so it’s ended up in the fitting with several clients. The top looks so much better on the body. It’s a great alternative to a basic T-shirt, layers well under toppers, and is forgiving on the midsection without being overly voluminous. Comes in other patterns and plus sizes.
- Amber Sun Tab Trim Stripe Tee: A striped tee with a difference. The raglan sleeve is fab, as is the curved heme and tab sleeve. Slightly fitted, not too boxy, and great on a hot day sans camisole.
- Sperry Top-Sider Audrey Boat Shoe: A nice little alternative to sneakers.
- Kut from the Kloth Catherine Boyfriend Denim Shorts: Size up and sport an adorable pair of baggy shorts on very casual days. Also available in a lighter wash. Read the rave reviews.
- Three Dots High/Low Midi Skirt (Plus): A great length and flattering fit. Great with a tank, tee or mesh sweater and wedge sandals.
- Allen Allen Tiered Linen Skirt: One answer to breezy casual dressing. The skirt looks particularly good on petites when matched with casual sandals and tank top, or roomy cotton shell.
- Free People High/Low Hoodie: More arty than sporty. Love the high-low hemline, cropped cut, roomy fit and dolman sleeves.
- Eileen Fisher Harem Pants (Plus): An acquired taste! Pretty fabulous with a cropped high-low top and pretty sandals.
- Olivia Moon Linen Bomber Jacket: An earthy take on a sporty trend. Gorgeous in linen if you make peace with the crease. Also available in plus sizes.
- Topshop Perforated Leather Backpack: These bring back memories of the late ’80s and early ’90s. Cute and casual for a Mum on the go.
I generally don’t make the distinction of dressing more casually during the Summer months because my lifestyle does not change. That said, I wear linen shirts in Summer, which are very casual. Do you dress more casually during the Summer months?