There’s nothing quite like a fun topper to give an outfit structure and personality. Here are six versatile jackets that take on a multitude of fashion personas.
- Bailey 44 ‘Racket’ Jacket: A playful form fitting jacket made of a stretchy knit for extra comfort.
- Ella Moss ‘Frankie’ Tie Dyed Moto Jacket: A tie-dye moto that mixes boho with tough girl, and a whole heap of comfort. Made of a soft jersey knit that is machine washable.
- MOD.lusive Lace Baseball Jacket: The quality isn’t as fab as the Truth & Pride coated lace bomber, but it’s a third of the price. It might just do the trick if you want to flirt with the trend without breaking the bank.
- Kenneth Cole New York Tuxedo Jacket (Plus): Simple, crisp, classic fabness with a big dose of modern.
- Blu Pepper Faux Leather Sleeve Utility Jacket (Juniors): The military and two toned topper trend in one jacket. Casual, boyish and rough around the edges.
- Jessica Simpson ‘Darryle’ Blazer: A relaxed le smoking in antique white with studded lapels. How very 2013.
I rarely fasten the front of my jackets. I have a few that look best worn closed, but for the most part I prefer them worn open. I enjoy the vertical centre front line that is created down the front of the body when a jacket is worn open, as well as the roomier fit. How about you?