The start of a new season and the end of an old one calls for a little extra organization. It’s a good idea to get niggly wardrobe tasks out of the way so that you can shop in your closet for Spring and Summer. Below is a checklist that I’ve found useful:
- Take coats and knitwear to the cleaners so that they are ready to wear next season.
- Pack away ski and snow gear.
- Unpack warmer weather clothes if you store them to conserve closet space in Winter.
- Take shoes and boots to be re-soled and cleaned if necessary.
- Take clothing that needs to be altered to a tailor.
- Make sure that you are wearing the correct bra. The size of our bust changes due to weight loss/gain, age and breast feeding, and it’s imperative to keep up with these changes. 60% of all women are in the wrong bra size so make sure that you aren’t one of them.
- Check white clothes for yellow armpit stains and irremovable spots. If tilex won’t remove them, pass them along.
- Scrutinize your Spring and Summer clothing. The aim is to have a fluid wardrobe that’s brimming with flattering, wearable possibilities. If this is not the case, do some closet clean up.
- Get a pedicure. Sandals will be coming out for Spring and those feet need to look the part.
Have fun adding this season’s luster to existing favourites. You’ll be sure to strike up a bargain in the two months of Summer shopping that are left.