This year Spring travels back in time. Bringing together the best of what the ’60’s, ’70’s and ’80’s had to offer, the new season is like a compilation of fashion’s greatest hits. With a strong emphasis on opposites, there will be something for everyone.
- Space Age – metallic clothing and transparent accessories
- Retro Romantic – ruffles, frills and lace
- Geometric – black and white statements and op-art inspired designs
- Floral Fiesta – flimsy flowery prints, vibrant colours and rosettes
- Grecian Safari – sheer shimmery nudes, neutrals and khakis
- Sporty Chic – racy stripes, racer-backs, primary shades, mesh and techno fabric
- Dresses reign supreme. Slouchy, sheath, empire, baby-doll, tank, a-line and puffy styles are all hot.
- Minis are the preferred length of skirts and dresses.
- Volume continues to make a dramatic statement through lantern sleeves, paper-bag and tulip skirts, swing tops, sack dresses and menswear-inspired pants.
- Flouncy coats in a-line, trapeze or belted trench styles make a flirty update.
- Cropped jackets are boxy, puffy or baby doll.
- Anoraks in nylon are the new unstructured cover-up.
- Romantic tops with frills and ruffles rule
- Hooded tops make a racy return.
- Wide legged pants and jeans are back!
- Skinnies are still strong.
- Pant suits are feminine and flowing, or lean and mean.
- Pantaloon shorts make their dandy debut.
- Florals and sculptured rosettes
- Graphic black and white geometrics, bold polka dots, face designs
- Ethnic African patterns and zebra prints
- Metallic shades
- Cobalt blue, purple and yellow
- Neon pink, lime and lemon
- Mango, orange, watermelon and pomegranate
- Black and white
- Nudes and neutrals
- Patent anything and in colours this time
- Silver shoes
- High-waisted wide and skinny belts
- Wedge heels and platform sandals for high; ballet flats for low
- Lucite anything (a transparent material heavier than plastic) – in hardware, necklaces, earrings, heels, sunglasses and bangles
- White accessories
- See-through bags and mesh detailing
- Oversized totes and large day clutches
- Structured or slouchy satchels
- Turbans and head bands
- Rose brooches
Spring trends are a welcome change from the somber, strict and skinny styles we’re still sporting for winter. The new look has started to blossom in stores and I am excited about it. It will soon be time to make some savvy decisions as to which trends will work for your age, fashion persona and body type.