After an exhausting, but extremely fun week of sale preselections with clients, here is the first of three posts sharing my top picks list for this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Three things stood out for me this year.
- Nordstrom’s in-house brands were tops, and often outshone designer merchandise.
- Generally the photos online did not do the merchandise justice.
- There was lots of glorious colour.
I’ve see these items on my clients and can vouch for their fit, styling, colour, fabrication and workmanship. Do not worry if your size is out of stock. Items often come back into stock during the next fortnight as people return merchandise both online and in stores.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you check whether these items are also available in petites and plus sizes in their respective departments because quite a few of them go across the size spectrum.
- Kenneth Cole New York Notch Collar Bouclé Coat: When will we see a coat in this colour and length again? Not soon! Runs a little snug on the arms so you might need to size up. Dramatic.
- Mackage Knit & Leather Trim Coat: A casual, yet very chic and interesting topper that’s lightweight and warm.
- Betsey Johnson Animal Print Capelet: Arty fun all the way. Size down.
- Michael Kors Belted Trench with Detachable Liner: Perfectly tailored with removable inner and hood.
- DKNY Double Breasted Coat: The colour alone will launch you into orbit. Great strong shoulder line and fab textured fabric.
- Elie Tahari Alice A-Line Jacket: So retro and different. The collar also functions as a hood.
- Bernardo Packable Iridescent Down Walker: Great fit and colours.
- Calvin Klein High Double Breasted Textured Peacoat: A Kate Spade lookalike. It’s so beautiful in the bright green I can’t stand it. I found the fabric a little scratchy, but no one else did so there you go.
- Zella Z Quilt Moto Jacket: It’s sports gear, ladies. And very unexpectedly I’m recommending it as fab casual wear because it’s pretty cool.
- Kristen Blake Brocade Double Breasted Coat: A nod to the Baroque trend. Gorgeous jacquard fabrication.
- Via Spiga Knit Collar Wool Blend Coat: A comfortable knitted number for the earthy ladies who do not want to wear animal print.
- Miss Sixty Asymmetrical Soft Shell Jacket: A chic way to take a walk in the park or run errands in town. Love the gold hardware.
- Bernardo Topstitch Leather Jacket: A lovely fit with fun, casual top stitch detailing.
- Cole Haan Notch Collar Leather Jacket: If you’re after a tailored, classic and simple leather jacket — try this style. It will stand the test of time. My client Karen bought it in black.
- Elie Tahari Tilly Leather Jacket: Gorgeously streamlined and crisp in both colours. Love the suede trim.
- Buffalo by David Bitton Distressed Leather Jacket: A great rugged and casual look.
- Marc New York Belted Leather Jacket: Try this jacket if olive is your colour. A super tailored fit and quite unique with the tie belt.
- Laundry by Shelli Segal Asymmetrical Zip Colorblock Leather Jacket: So modern! But best on long waisted or tall gals.
- Halogen Seamed Leather Jacket: I had mixed reviews with this jacket because the leather is not super soft. That said, it’s a fab fit on a full busted, curvy gal.
- Veda Max Leather Jacket: Quite the show stopping silhouette. It looks equally good worn open and closed.
Blazers and Jackets
- Zanella Shana Jacket: This item is so beautifully made and tailored, I almost cried when my client tried it on. It has incredible back and front panel detailing that does not come through in the photo. Stunning fabric.
- Classiques Entier Pietra Leather Trim Jacket: A beautiful lightweight blazer with back and front leather and zipper trim that you can’t see on the photo.
- Elie Tahari Exclusive for Nordstrom ‘Gabbie’ Jacket: Stunningly streamlined and tailored. Excellent on petites with sleeve length alteration. Stretchy and very comfortable.
- Vince Camuto One Button Blazer: Clean, crisp, classic, simple and happy.
- Elie Tahari Exclusive for Nordstrom Patricia Blazer: Another fabulous streamlined blazer with lots of stretch for added comfort.
- Amber Sun Double Breasted Jacket: Retro, and fab over a pencil skirt.
- Classiques Entier Aster Weave Jacket: Chic with lots of waist definition. Loving all these one buttoned blazers.
- Mcginn Asymmetrical Metallic Tweed Jacket: If you love this jacket, try it on. It’s a HUGE statement and has a lot of detailing. Surprisingly, two of my petite clients with long arms rocked this item – and my first thought was that the style would completely overwhelm them. That’s why you have to try things on! Their strong shoulder lines helped carry off the silhouette.
Feel free to share your sale favourites and top picks in the comments section as this list is by no means exhaustive. Next up, my top picks list for tops and bottoms.