Here’s an assortment of items that have been winners with my clients over the last few weeks. Remember to look at all of the colour options:
- Banana Republic Merino Sweater Coat: Sweater coats can look like bath robes, but this beltless wonder is fantastic. Non-itch, cozy and quite streamlined. It’s also available in navy in stores.
- Banana Republic Black Five-Pocket Legging: The best “leans” I’ve seen all season, resembling trousers more than leggings. Good fit, thick fabric and very, very comfortable. One of my clients converted to skinnies because of these pants.
- Express Leather Moto Jacket: It’s been hard to find moto jackets with symmetrical front zippers, but this one fits the bill. The hidden ribbed insets in the sleeves and torso make it an especially great fit for ladies with broader shoulders and wider upper arms. The red and taupe colour options get my top vote.
- Madewell Skinny Skinny Cords: I am generally not fond of corduroy trousers, but the look and quality of these cords helped it through my style filter. The wale is so narrow that you can barely see it’s corduroy. To my eye, this is a subjective design plus.
- Madewell Rail Straight Cords: The quality of the corduroy is the same as the skinnies (very narrow wale), but the fit of these is a little roomier all over.
- Madewell Colorwheel Trousers: If fashion forward, narrow pleated trousers in bright colours are your thing, give these a whirl. The fit is narrow so you might need to size up one size. I really liked them because, for a change, the length was not cropped above the ankle. The side entry pockets, although not ideal, lie pretty flat against the body.
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Wool Blend Button Tab Coat: The industry has been obsessed with double breasted coats and they aren’t always the most flattering and practical fit. A single breasted style also tends to look better when worn open. This single breasted coat fits surprisingly well. I had my initial reservations about the horizontal tab detailing, but it’s not unflattering. The red and charcoal options are best in my book.
- All Black Fish Bow Mary Jane Pump: These low heeled beauties are going for a song, but they run small so size up a whole size.
- John Fluevog Pilgrim Loafer: They look more like oxfords than loafers but they’re absolutely divine. A friend of mine launched me into orbit when I saw them on her feet. Edgy and comfortable.
- John Fluevog Wonder Everest Heel: My feet do not tolerate this type of ankle strap because no matter what, I get blisters from the rubbing. But these shoes might make me change my mind, they were that comfortable. Kickstart Spring with this yummy colour blocked combination, or try these colour options for a different effect.
- Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique Cowl Neck Jersey Dress: All round gorgeous with a great length sleeve, and it’s NOT black.
- Helmut Lang ‘Supple’ Off the Shoulder Dress: This frock has absolutely zero hanger appeal, but once it’s on, you might change your mind. It fits amazingly well and is alluring in a non-conventional way. Very, very fab.
- Halogen Patterned Knit Skirt: This well priced and fabulous knitted skirt has been around for 18 months in assorted colours. Now it’s available in monochromatic patterned jacquards like this crocodile animal print, or this leopard print.
- Aerosoles Cintipede Shootie: Completely vegan and looks super in red and tan. Very comfortable, and great with tapered trousers and jeans, or bootcuts.
Feel free to add to this list of Fab Finds if you recently purchased a fairly affordable item that makes your style heart sing.