For those of you still indulging me here on the forum (why do I let myself get sucked into those body image conversations when I should know better??) - I'm curious about this outfit today. It's a high/low mix in light of today's blog post, but also a departure in silhouette for me. I stay away from anything even remotely suggesting a crop-top , and this top is a bit of a question mark. I think the only reason I bought it to begin with was because it's black and white, and it addressed a need for a top to wear with the two knit black skirts I have that NEVER get worn. I was going to return it , then decided to keep it, back and forth etc - and then it was too late to do anything but keep it. It's the low-end piece here so I'm not terribly heartbroken over the expense.

Anyways - I had made a vow to myself to dress more traditionally professional (that isn't a great pairing of words but I can't think of how better to say it) this summer, and haven't really been sticking to it. I bought this skirt about 18 months ago now and have never worn it. Ever. I had to take it in, and by the time I got around to it, well, you know the story. So today - while out on calls, I kept looking down at myself feeling like I was all dressed up to go to a wedding or something ....that's how casual my dressing has become. I was eager to see what it looked like in a photo - wondering if I might have been way off base here, but I actually don't mind it. Thoughts on the proportion of the top ? (vis a vis the layers) I won't die from critical thought

High : skirt - EF - old but new
Low: top - Kensie - new
sandals - highish - Wishbone Collection from Browns - old
necklace - mid - Jenny Bird - old
lipstick - mix of Eliabeth Arden Precious Pink and Urban Decay Lush.

This post has 5 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.