Runcarla - I am dutifully hanging my head and acknowledge the reprimand . I don't think I've ever heard from you before - and knowing you're a fellow fitness buff ...well, I'm paying attention . Hole in flower pot is plugged

I seriously love the lace top, and think the skirt is a fab addition to your work wardrobe (hesitation? I have a towering stack of alterations just like this :))

Try as I might, I'm not loving the chunky black sandals with your outfit. Maybe I have an un-sugared eye for black footware with your pretty legs? Tell me they're comfortable and I'll shush up!

Sandy G - lol! They aren't very chunky at all , so I'm not sure what you mean And yep, they are super comfortable . I do have a pair of back suede sandal lace-ups with a block heel that I was considering wearing , and I'll definitely give those a try next time . I'm not a wearer of delicate shoes - they don't feel modern to me right now - and you're not likely going to find me in white shoes unless they are Birks:). I appreciate the comment though - interesting how others see things!

Lisa, do you want to bake bread? I believe you are a punk at heart and should come work with us, lol. Ok. Naught to do with this outfit - altho there IS a punk-prep connection. Anyhoo, I like this outfit. But I want to make the short chain necklace a long one, because that would make it more punk. I love punk.

What?

I really, really love this outfit. It's that perfect, stylish, black-and-white-for-summer look. Great proportions. IkWYM about the fall from the bust look of tops like this, but there's enough drape in the upper layer and fit in the underlayer to avoid that look here.

I'm 100% with Chouette in appreciating your honesty on the forum. Without bravely open folk like you and Una, the rest of us might feel we have to bottle our feelings. I'm all in favour if the power of positivity, but, without a dash of honesty and realism, too much positivity can feel empty and backfire. No one can learn the art of debate without considering the other perspective.

Please keep being you--one of my favourite people on here.

I'm another that loves this look. I do get your hesitation about the style of your top. To you looking down, you probably feel like it hits your bust and just hangs there (almost like a maternity top). However, to us, we do not look at you from that angle and get the full picture. Your top is flattering, soft and floaty and give you a great shape. You really rock this skirt - I hope to see more of you in them! Fashionably professional.

I also like this look, I would call it artsy professional. Shoes are great, you look very polished. I also enjoy your honest posts because many of us struggle with the same issues, but I also think you need to be kinder to yourself. You really look great and are a good example to us here.

I know this is Lisa's post, and I already commented on how fab her outfit is. Lisa I love ALL your postings they are so refreshing and your style is truly awesome. However I hope you will indulge me while I hijack this post to make a couple of other comments .

Someone asked about Kensie - I just bought some shoes by this brand from L&T and I think Nordstrom carries them too...I think this is the same brand as Lisa's top. I believe I've seen tops too at Nordstrom online.

Runcarla you are too funny! Love your comment about
"Tip over the flower pot of your psyche and put a plug in the hole so that all the positive stuff folks are sending your way doesn't leak out the bottom." That is so fabulous in so many ways!

and Aliona...totally love what you said

I'm 100% with Chouette in appreciating your honesty on the forum. Without bravely open folk like you and Una, the rest of us might feel we have to bottle our feelings. I'm all in favour if the power of positivity, but, without a dash of honesty and realism, too much positivity can feel empty and backfire. No one can learn the art of debate without considering the other perspective.

That last line needs to be shouted from the rooftops and on every US newspaper front page from now until November. Not that I think it will, but a girl can dream.....:-)

You've got a great sense of style, lisap, not to mention gorgeous. You are really rocking that outfit! And the shoes are genius. Must ... have ...some.

Rachy - yes, I'll bake bread I've always wanted to wear a headscarf, so that might be the perfect opportunity.

I'd say it's hard-edged professional. The proportions work very well.
Who wears traditional professional outfits anymore ? I associate them with flight attendants and other hostesses now.

And I don't know if it's the hair colour or the make up or they always look like that and it's the first time I notice, but your eyes are stunning beautiful.

Good night, this is INCREDIBLE! I adore this look on you. I'm so glad you just gave it a try. I know exactly what you mean about things that shouldn't work and yet somehow do, and that top is a perfect example. The choice of shoes and necklace really keep it interesting. And yes, keep taking the close-up selfies! I love your eyes and makeup.

Sorry I am so late to chime in!

And I will begin by admonishing you. "And first off : the legs look like that because I'm in heels and twisting to get the side view of the top. Everyone's legs do this." Uh, no. Not quite like that. Just shut up. You have amazing legs.

(As my sweet mother says: "When someone pays you a compliment, just smile and say 'thank you.'" )

And I will share my fears. "And the crop thing I refer to is that white layer that sits mid -torso in the front ....the kiss of death for those of us with , um, full breasts." I was nervous of the side view because of the "chest issue," I will admit it. But thank you for including that view because my fears were totally allayed. This top is interesting from the front and flattering from the side.

You really, really need to wear this outfit more, and definitely the skirt and shoes more. You look great here, as everyone has said. And I want those sandals.

Viva - thanks my friend:) Something I noticed about wearing that skirt yesterday that helped a lot : wearing a knit pencil skirt (even a looser fit one) forces me to stand up straight and activate my core muscles . That alone takes about 5-8 lbs off of one's appearance. I think the fact that this top had the floaty (cheesy- lol) white layer over a dark print underlayer made it work. Any heavier of a fabric on top and it would not have draped as well.

Wishbone Collection has the best shoes/sandals/boots ever. I am more than obsessed with this line

Thanks Miss Ginger - that's very sweet of you ! And I am now adopting the expression "Good Night".