The NAS ends at midnight tonight, so today is your last chance to purchase items before prices go back up tomorrow morning. I’ve shared my top picks in each category, my own NAS purchases, Greg’s NAS purchases and our forum favourites.
There are still many great items in stock. Just for fun, here are some of my favourites that are still available (at time of writing) in each category, across many price points:
- Vince Double Layer Shirtdress: AMAZING dress. Isn't quite as short in person. Has fitted all sorts of body types. Sack-like, yet structured. Drapes like a dream. Works well for petites with heels.
- Adrianna Papell Placed Floral Print Crepe Sheath Dress (Regular & Petite): A spaced floral is fun to wear for Autumn & Winter. No need to save it for Spring. Elegant.
Diane von Furstenberg ‘Dezi’ Jumpsuit: Hello Studio 54. This jumpsuit works on a rectangle or hourglass with a long neck, narrow shoulder line, and small or regular size bust. Elegantly ’70s. The sleeve shape is unique and the blousoned defined waist provides ample structure. Colour is a little darker in person. The pocket linings grin a little, so you might consider having them altered.
- Ted Baker London 'Dabah' Floral Print Pencil Skirt: Scuba fabric is crease resistant, and looks crisp no matter what. Tailored, yet soft and stretchy. Great length for tall gals.
- Classiques Entier 'Colette' Faux Wrap Pencil Skirt: Best pencil skirt at the NAS. The detailing of the front vent is stunning and beautifully made. Office appropriate and chic.
- Classiques Entier Bootcut Pants (Regular & Petite): These are AMAZING on an apple, rectangle and inverted triangle body type. The photo does not do them justice. Very, very chic. The fabric is ultra luxurious. Petites are fine to hem the length.
- NYDJ 'Ski' Zip Pocket Ponte Knit Pants (Regular & Petite): AMAZING skinny Ponte pants. Thick, comfy, soft and not too tight. They fit every curvy, straight and apple body type across petite, regular and tall - I could NOT believe it. Comes in grey, black and brown. Size down.
- Current/Elliott 'The Cropped Straight' Ankle Jeans: Trendy cropped pants with a slight flare on the hem. Soft, sturdy and comfortable. Fits a curvy and straight figure. Size down one or two sizes if you want to achieve a tailored fit.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Cameron' Distressed Rolled Straight Leg Jeans (Audacity): Trendy, flattering and different. Love the oversized cuff. Works surprisingly well on both curvy and straight body types. There is room in the thighs. Great fit and affordable price.
- Theory 'Jodi' Cotton & Cashmere Short Sleeve Sweater: A chunky funnel neck cropped pullover that's slightly shaped. Best on a long neck and smaller bust. Beautiful quality. Runs small.
- Autumn Cashmere Fair Isle Sweater: An adorable cropped Fair Isle in a chunky knit. Lovely quality. It must blouson a little at the welt so don't pull it straight down. Excellent with skirts, high-waisted pants and culottes. Runs very small.
- Vince Textured Crewneck Sweater: Pretty ink blue with a touch of hard edge. The side zipper looks best a little unzipped to create garment interest. Non-scratchy. Runs big.
- Lafayette 148 New York Drape Neck Layer Wool Jersey Top: My favourite drape top at the NAS. The photo does not do it justice. This looked marvelous on all my clients. The architectural drape is stunning and the fabric is refined and dressy. I LOVE its flattering asymmetry. Adds pizzazz to a black pencil skirt or pair of work trousers. Runs big.
- Halogen Asymmetrical Hem Tunic Sweater (Online Only): A fab handkerchief hem pullover with extra length both in the front and back. Arty Chic. Great jewel tones.
- Lafayette 148 New York Silk & Wool Long Sleeve Cardigan: The photo does not do this amazing cardigan justice. It has a satin lining and an inner drawstring that gives it waist definition. Fluidly shaped. It comes with a matching olive satin camisole which creates a twinset effect. Good with the olive Irving trousers from Lafayette too. A very chic tonal combination.
- Chelsea28 Pleated Hem Sweater: A super little sweater that's all about the fun back pleat detailing. Best with a black camisole. Looks best in the blue because of the low contrast between the black and the navy. Super with black trousers for the office.
- Vince Camuto Tie Neck Ruffled Hem Blouse: I loved this blouse over a pair of black bootcut trousers for business casual. Interesting. No need to add pizzazz with a jacket. The dropped peplum is unique and interesting. They've cleverly curved the hemline for structure. Runs big.
- A.L.C. 'Clay' Print Silk Top: A delicate piece for a long neck, smaller bust and dainty shoulder line. I love the welt, roomy short sleeve, front neck pleat detailing, and spaced floral design. Runs very small.
- Vince Long Sleeve Colorblock Blouse (Online Only): It's amazing how the strategically positioned colour blocking adds structure to this very voluminous piece. The eye is drawn in at the corners of the contrast blocking and creates waist definition. Soft and comfy. Runs big.
- Eileen Fisher V-Neck Tunic (Plus Size): Luscious fabric and a brilliant fit. Works well on many body types. Long enough for Team Tall.
- Sandra Plaid Cotton Flannel Boyfriend Shirt: My favourite plaid shirt at the NAS because it's soft, long and has side entry pockets. It's more like a tunic and comes in four colours. My size 14 client combined this with the Ellen Tracy toggle vest, jeans and boots, and looked like a million bucks.
- Helene Berman Stripe Long Line Coat: A gorgeous striped man coat that's lightweight. The horizontal stripes do not widen the silhouette because it's very streamlined despite the boxy cut on the waist. Best suited to straight figures. Excellent on tall gals.
- London Fog Long Double Breasted Trench Coat (Regular & Petite): The best trench coat at the NAS. An exquisite shade of dark blue with a hint of sheen. LOVE the hardware and piped zippers. The back zipper detailing is fun too. Impeccable quality. Runs big. If you wear a 0 or 2, the XS will be too big.
- Halogen Smocked Side Leather Moto Jacket (Plus Size): A shaped leather jacket with side panel ruching. An elegant and classic piece with a high longevity factor.
- Classiques Entier 'Brenna' Leather Jacket with Detachable Genuine Toscana Shearling Collar (Regular & Petite): One of the best leather jackets at the NAS. Streamlined, fitted, and quite short. Very refined. Excellent over dresses and skirts. The fur is removable. Office appropriate because the zippers are subtle. A beautiful piece that will stand the test of time.
- Topshop Suede Caddy Jacket (Nordstrom Exclusive): The best green leather jacket at the NAS. It's a little heavier though, and might be too warm to wear indoors if you run warm. It's also quite cropped, so excellent on petites and good to pair with dresses and skirts.
- Lafayette 148 New York 'Trina' Funnel Neck Topper: Two of my clients bought this amazing trapeze jacket and took my breath away. One tall and one petite. WOW. One of them bought the matching trousers to wear as a suit. The fabric is scrumptious. Straight architectural drape at its best. Stunning from all angles. Unique and simple avant-garde. I'm SO glad it's blue and not black.
- Lafayette 148 New York Faux Leather Pocket Ribbed Collar Sweater Vest: A stunning vest for business casual with trousers and top. Swingy but streamlined, and very elegant. Amazing pleated swoosh from the side. Looks as good in stone.
- Topshop Belted Biker Vest (Nordstrom Exclusive): Fashionably oversized and my favourite vest at the NAS. I love the moto style in a dressy suiting fabric. Clever. Looks amazing fastened or unfastened. The pinky beige is surprisingly versatile and works well with just about any colour. Not soul sucking. Runs big. I was unfortunately sized out of this piece.
- T Tahari 'Loey' Mixed Media Faux Shearling Vest: In true Tahari fashion, a beautifully made casual piece with lots of polish. The piping on the side seam zippers is amazing and so is the fit. Warm and tailored. Nice worn open too.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Veronica' Faux Leather Vest: The most popular vest at the NAS. Fashionable, soft, comfortable, great fit and good price. Must wear it open. It looks good over all sorts of outfits. Also works well over a large bust.
- Timberland 'Glastonbury Six Inch' Sneaker (Women): These shoes excited me the most at the NAS because they look fresh and modern. Sporty Luxe Fabness. The white sole makes the shoe pretty, refined and less masculine. The wheat is the original shade of the Timberland boot along with the yellow laces. It's comfortable for low volume feet and narrow ankles. Not going to work all that well for wider feet and ankles. Also, you have to take your time to put on these booties. No easy zipper access.
- Timberland 'Glastonbury Six Inch' Sneaker (Women): The black with bruised gold toe is fabulous, and is probably easier to co-ordinate into outfits than the wheat option with yellow laces. The white sole makes the shoe pretty, and less hard-edged. It's comfortable for low volume feet and narrow ankles. Not going to work all that well for wider feet and ankles.
- Sperry 'Saltwater' Waterproof Rain Boot (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): An excellent and super cute casual weatherproof bootie that comes in three colours. Brilliant on wider feet and ankles. Very warm and comfy. Easy zipper access.
- Timberland 'Bramhall Six Inch' Boot (Women): A fun haute hiking boot with plaid trim. Comes in two colours - both brown with plaid. Works well on high volume feet and is very comfy. Love the pretty white sole. No easy zipper access. Got to tie and untie those laces, which I think is worth it.
- Cole Haan 'ZerøGrand' Perforated Oxford (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): A genius sneaker and oxford hybrid. Deluxe Polished Sporty. VERY comfortable. My clients did not find them narrow although some of the reviewers think so. Fab sans socks.
- Louise Et Cie 'Barry' Ankle Strap Flat (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): Elegant, ladylike and modern with that ankle strap. Works well on low and regular volume feet. Comfortable.
- Attilio Giusti Leombruni AGL Attilio Giusti Leombruni Classic Leather Bootie (Women) (Nordstrom Exclusive): Dressy, elegant, streamlined, beautifully made and very comfy if you can manage the heel height. The shape of the elastic inserts is slimming and interesting. Works well on both low and high volume feet but is not good on extra wide feet. Excellent on narrower ankles. If I needed a pair of dressy black booties, these would be them. Chic on the foot.
- Rebecca Minkoff 'Chevron Quilted Love' Crossbody Bag: A ladylike chain crossbody bag for Team Dressy. Trendy.
- Fossil 'Sydney' Satchel: Chevron Fabness. A well made satchel that makes a statement.
All The Top Picks
Finally, here are the full collections of my top picks. If you follow the collection links below you can read my notes for each item. I hope you had a good experience at this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.