- Have you seen the Advanced Style film trailer yet? The documentary premieres on May, 3 in the US.
- Jimmy Choo has created six pairs of shoes made from local materials, such as Aizu cotton and Kawamata silk, to benefit Fukushima.
- Last week Express opened its first outlet store outside of Washington, D.C., 29 more stores are to follow later this year.
- What do you think of the 13-piece collection British footwear designer Sophia Webster has created for J.Crew?
- Susanna Lau, aka Susie Bubble of fashion blog Style Bubble, has announced she is working on a book.
- Primark, the British budget retailer that’s been working hard on its European expansion, is coming to the US.
- Have a peek at the three sandals — two for the ladies, one for the blokes — Steven Alan has created for Dr. Scholl’s.
- “Savage Beauty”, the Alexander McQueen retrospective first mounted in 2011 at the New York Metropolitan Museum of art, is coming to London’s Victoria and Albert Museum in March 2015.
Fun Fashion Fact
Have you ever wondered why women’s and men’s shirts button on different sides? This apparently stems from times when most men dressed themselves, while women in the upper classes were dressed by servants. Because most people were right-handed, and it is easier to button clothing if the opening faces your dominant hand, tailors created women’s garments with buttons on the left side — which would be the right side for the person standing in front of you.