- Quite a few stars opted for frocks by British designers for their Baftas 2014 red carpet appearance.
- A first in fashion digital strategy: On Thursday viewers worldwide could watch the Fendi show via drone camera footage.
- Dazed Group, the British publisher of Dazed & Confused and AnOther Magazine, has launched Other Mode, an initiative that puts independent (style) bloggers in touch with advertisers.
- As part of their new Spring campaign, Gap teamed up with Vogue for a tactile fabric print ad in the March issue.
- And more news from Gap. The company has announced plans to raise their minimum hourly rate for store employees to $9 in 2014, to $10 in 2015.
- Are you curious to see Gwen Stefani’s “very affordable” capsule collection for ShoeDazzle.com?
- Cara Delevingne took the selfie to new levels filming herself walking down the runway on Monday at the Giles Deacon show during London Fashion Week.
- On Wednesday night Kate Moss donned David Bowie’s iconic Ziggy Stardust playsuit to accept a Brit Award on his behalf.
- Joe Fresh is set to launch an US e-commerce site this Fall and plans to open stores in 24 countries worldwide.
- Several beauty bloggers are using their social media success to launch their own beauty product lines.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the wedge heel was introduced in the 1930s and is attributed to Italian footwear designer Salvatore Ferragamo? It was an invention partially born from necessity. Because of wartime steel shortages, he was looking for new materials and started working with cork glued together in layers.