This week’s bargains are fun and a little more avant-garde than usual. I have every item in my shopping cart.
- Priorities tartan blazer from bluefly for $84.15. I love it’s schoolboy blazer appeal and the fact that it’s green. What a breath of fresh air amongst a retail sea of black and grey.
- Laundry sateen military trench coat from bluefly for $117. 30. I have a black trench in this fabrication and it’s very versatile and appealing. Fabulous with jeans and converse sneakers, but just as great over a cocktail dress. The sheen, seam detailing and buttons add depth to an otherwise boring bit of black fabric. Attitude!
- Banana Republic ruched turtleneck for $34.99. This knit top is soft, fits well and is available in a variety of colours. It makes a good layering item if it’s too slinky to wear on its own.
- Ann Taylor pearl ribbon necklace for $29.99. Dress it up over a LBD, or dress it down over a T with a boyfriend blazer. With party season just round the corner, you might like to look at all of Ann Taylor’s spectacular baubles when you’re next in stores (you’ll get most of them for less with an online coupon).
- Nordstrom oxford brogue for $51.90. It’s casual, comfy, androgynous, and fab with a button-down shirt, pinstripe blazer, pretty scarf and lots of girly bling.