The height of the average American women is about 5 feet and 4 inches. This leaves her with ample shopping opportunity for pants in petite and regular departments where inseam measurements range from 29 to 32 inches. But what are the options for the tall girl who stands at 5 feet 8 inches and taller? It’s even harder for her to shop for pants when she wears heels and wants to sport the correct pant length.
European chain stores are an option because they generally manufacture regular pants with longer inseams from 33 to 34 inches (the average European women is taller), but there are bottom options for tall girls in the US too:
- David Kahn jeans have inseams of 35 to 36 inches
- Other denim brands like DKNY Soho, Diesel, Citizens of Humanity, Mavi, Joes, Fidelity, Seven for all Mankind, Silver and Paige come in longer lengths with inseams of up to 36 inches
- Gap, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer and Ann Taylor Loft stock items in longer lengths (34 to 36 inch inseams)
- Victoria Secret’s regular pant lengths finish at 34 to 39 inches
- Express has on-line purchasing options for pants with inseam measurements of 35 inches
- Brands like Womyn, Jones NY, Marc Jacobs and Goldsign make pants with seam lengths that vary from 34 to 37 inches