While ankle booties were a trendy option for Autumn; taller boots are an excellent choice for work suits, skirts, dresses and jeans as temperatures start to drop. The assortment of calf-high and knee-high boots seems to grow each season.
Five new styles of boot have emerged – each with its own distinct look and mood:
- Platform boots glam up any outfit. Choose this long, lean and sultry option if you have the ability to walk in very high heels.
- Cuffed boots with stacked heels convey a streamlined and ’70’s style chic.
- Equestrian boots are the boots for you if incredible comfort is a high priority. These tall flat boots (with or without horsey buckles) are perfect for effortlessly chic yet casual weekend looks.
- Biker boots are another comfortable flat boot option. They are a little more edgy with their chain and buckle details, studs and high shine finishes. Wearing biker boots with pearls makes for an appealing contrasting look.
- Nordic boots are Eskimo-inspired and easy to spot with their cozy shearling linings, foxy faux fur trims and dangling pom-poms. They are usually calf length and best tucked into skinny jeans. Their rubber soles make them ideal for the commuting urbanite or the après-ski setting.
Never fear – last season’s tall round-toed and stacked-heel boot styles are still in fashion. The forever-elegant pointy-toed and skinny-heeled knee high boot remains a mainstream stylish option too. If you feel like adding a new pair of boots to your winter wardrobe – take your pick. There will be plenty of options out there to suit you.
Boots from Zappos.com, the online footware and accessory store that ships and returns for free.