Most department and chain stores here in America are having their Autumn blow-out sales right now. Soon, stores will be full of heavy winter clothing and Christmas merchandise, and your chances to buy transitional clothing for milder temperatures will be gone.
- Gap and Gap Body – you’ll find sweats, comfy knits and underwear marked down 60-70%. Remember not to ignore this portion of your wardrobe – checking your underwear regularly and lounging with style increase your style quotient.
- Express – this is where you’ll find shirts and skinny jeans for $20, tailored lined jackets for $50 and knitted tops and camisoles for between $10 and $15. It’s a good place to go and get a few pieces to complete your androgynous look if your budget is tight.
- Eddie Bauer – the store is good for those of you that are after a more roomy fit on top. Longer length knitted tops and knitwear are on sale for $30 – $50. If you are looking for the odd basic to match with a more styled item – you might just find it here.
- Anne Taylor and Banana Republic – these stores are super for mainstream updated modern classic fashion. It’s the place to shop for no nonsense business casual basics of excellent quality. Suiting is half price at the moment.
- Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters – if you like to flirt with fashion or are an urbanite at heart – their retro and rock chic styling will be of interest to you. Anthropolgie tends to be expensive for the quality that you are getting – but their sale racks are well worth a look for girly tops, jackets and cocktail dresses at 30-40% off.
For info on what’s trendy this autumn, click on the category item “Autumn 2006” on the side bar. This might help you define your shopping list before you brave those sales. Remember to shop with a plan!