Tanks tops come in all shapes and sizes – short, long, strappy, plain, printed, and with or with out lace. They are an absolute staple for all stylish ladies irrespective of age, size or lifestyle. Having an assortment of tank and camisole styles and colours increases your wardrobe versatility.
Some of the many advantages of adding this extra affordable layer:
- White knit tops look more crisp – layering a white tank top or camisole underneath a fairly thin white fitted t-shirt makes your white t-shirt look more “crisp” and therefore more flattering. You won’t need to worry about your T being see-through anymore.
- Better than spanx – wearing tank tops and camisoles underneath fitted tops and t-shirts covers a multitude of sins. Tuck shorter ones into your jeans, pants or skirts and leave longer ones hanging out. Rest assured that all is “covered” when you reach up high or bend down low.
- Re-invent what you have – adding longer length tank tops and cami’s to short and standard length tops, blouses, cardigans and shrugs that you already have, will update you instantly.
- Climate control – as the weather warms, jackets become to hot to wear. Adding an extra layer underneath your top should keep you at the perfect temperature. By the same token, this extra layer will keep you warm if the air-conditioning gets too chilly.
- The solution for small chests – small-busted women should generally stay clear of scooped and low V- necklines. Layering tank tops or cami’s with higher necklines underneath low cut tops solves the problem.
Unless you have an absolutely perfect perky bosom, leave tanks with built in bras behind. They tend to give your chest an unflattering shape and are uncomfortable if you wear a bra as well.
Get yourself a selection of tank tops and camisoles – they are season-less and inexpensive.