Oldtimers will remember that (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away!) I used to organize picture perfect challenges on the forum. If you don't know what they are, you can check out some of the threads here:
One of the very first challenges we did was with the most expensive paintings of the world, and one them was a portrait of Dora Maar by Picasso. Well, a few weeks ago, I was in Barcelona, visiting the Picasso museum, and I saw another portrait of Dora Maar by the master in person, and it immediately brought to my mind our challenge. I was inspired to organize another one.
I am going to self-plagiarize and copy-paste some of what I wrote on older threads:
- Please vote for your favorite images (up to 5).
- You can vote even if you don't plan to participate.
- 5 images with the most votes will be our inspiration for creating outfits the following week, one image per day.
- I will tally the votes on Sunday and post the schedule for the next week. You can have the weekend to plan your outfits.
- Each day you will wear, photograph and post on the forum an outfit inspired by the selected image. You can be inspired by the colors, the shapes, the mood, the name of the painting- anything about it that strikes your fancy and tickles your imagination, really.
Oh, I am so excited! If you have any questions, shoot!
Let the voting begin!!!
1. Salvator Mundi, Leonardo da Vinci, c. 1500
2. Interchange, Willem de koonig, 1955
3. The Card Players, Paul Cezanne, 1894-95
4. When Will you Marry?, Paul Gauguin, 1893
5.Number 17A, Jackson Pollock, 1948
6.Waterserpents II, Gustav Klimt, 1907
7.No.6 (Violet, Green and Red), Mark Rothko, 1951
8. The Women of Algiers. Version O, Pablo Picasso, 1955
9. Reclining Nude, Amedeo Modigliani, 1917
10. Masterpiece, Roy Lichtenstein, 1962
This post has 10 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.