I used to post on YLF quite a bit (maybe 8 years ago?), but this is my first plunge back into the WIW waters since I've started posting again--gulp! I am wearing sunglasses, which make me feel slightly more anonymous :). I have not done Finds--seems like so much work!--so I am including the deets in case anyone is interested. Sorry some of the pics are a bit dark--it was intermittently cloudy today.
I have a job that allowed me to work from home during Covid, so I was frankly mostly in loungewear for a year+. Since getting vaccinated, I have ventured out into the world again, and it has been such a pleasure to get dressed up a little bit again!
1) Out to dinnner! Quite warm and we ate outside--it was thrilling!
Jumpsuit, Étoile Isabel Marant via TheRealReal. Troentorp navy suede clogs. AllSaints metallic crossbody.
2) Outdoor picnic/chamber music concert! It was very hot (85 F/29 C) and humid, but mercifully cloudy. Black printed sheer cotton top, Étoile Isabel Marant via TheRealReal. ON black linen shorts. Troentorp sandal clogs. Rebecca Minkoff crossbody via TheRealReal.
3) Friend's birthday celebration dinner! This was the first time I had seen a friend in-person for over a year--pretty wonderful! It was unseasonably cold (40 F/4 C) hence my outfit is pretty fall-like. Silver plaid boxy jacket, Dries van Noten via TheRealReal. BR ancient button down. Citizens of Humanity jeans (Charlotte cut). Doc Martens chelsea boots.
This was my favorite look--I guess I just prefer fall/winter dressing and DvN is my favorite designer.
4) Trip to Whole Foods! We have been getting our groceries delivered for months, so this was actually kind of exciting :). Linen top with barrel sleeves, Hana Tajima for Uniqlo. Dropped crotch cargo pants, The Great. Emm Kuo bag, via TheRealReal. Corso Como snakeskin patterned clogs (very old--forgot I had them until recently!). Not as comfy as my trusty Troentorps, but fine for a quick trip.
5) Running errands. Pattern mixing is something I really enjoy, YMMV :). All of these blue-grays match IRL. Striped boxy top, Marimekko for Uniqlo. Tie dyed linen pants, Gap. Troentorp fisherman sandals.
6) More running errands, very hot day. Mixing stripes and wearing sneakers! Maybe sounds a little melodramatic, but the Ondo no-show socks have changed my life, LOL. Frank & Eileen striped linen shirt. Striped shorts, J. Crew. Lacoste men's sneakers, via Nordstrom Rack, bookended with white leather cuff via Etsy.
Comments, thoughts always welcome! It's fun to be back and participating on YLF.
This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.